Team Banded Brothers.

Sorry, I know we‘re in the banded steelies thread but I love those STLs @T6ARF :cool: Are they 9” ET30 all round?

@Leemondo12 my van is running STXs and they’re wound all the way down at the front and have adjuster deletes at the back - currently on 19s with 245/45 tyres.

View attachment 217258

Considering dropping the wheel size to 18” and lifting the front slightly so they’re damping abit more and refitting rear adjusters.
@t6blo yes mate, 9” and ET30 all round. I’ve fitted 21mm H&R spacers to the rear. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I know we‘re in the banded steelies thread but I love those STLs @T6ARF :cool: Are they 9” ET30 all round?

@Leemondo12 my van is running STXs and they’re wound all the way down at the front and have adjuster deletes at the back - currently on 19s with 245/45 tyres.

View attachment 217258

Considering dropping the wheel size to 18” and lifting the front slightly so they’re damping abit more and refitting rear adjusters.
How low do you think it’s gone with rear adjuster delete? Has it made any difference to the ride quality?

Cheers Lee

@t6blo yes mate, 9” and ET30 all round. I’ve fitted 21mm H&R spacers to the rear. :thumbsup:

Looks awesome pal :thumbsup:

How low do you think it’s gone with rear adjuster delete? Has it made any difference to the ride quality?

Cheers Lee

The Powerflex adjuster deletes from Transporter HQ have lowered the rear about another 20-25mm.

If I was buying suspension again I would go for So-Low NSL.

The STX front is wound right down which means the coilover is not working effectively - I would like to still maintain the lowness I have currently but not be on the bottom of the adjuster for comfort reasons.

Looks awesome pal :thumbsup:

The Powerflex adjuster deletes from Transporter HQ have lowered the rear about another 20-25mm.

If I was buying suspension again I would go for So-Low NSL.

The STX front is wound right down which means the coilover is not working effectively - I would like to still maintain the lowness I have currently but not be on the bottom of the adjuster for comfort reasons.
Cheers fella! :thumbsup:

I don’t know anything about the STX and how low they can go at their max, but just to give you a visual example…. this is my van lowered to 80mm…. both sets of wheels are 18”…. the top picture is with 255/45 tyres all round and the bottom picture is with 235/50 tyres all round. Hope this helps?
View attachment 217190View attachment 217191
oow Rotiform STL!! nice ;) how do you find them to your steelies? .. was looking at the 20" silver ones with THQ but they were waiting on Rotiform to rework the alloy for Transporters.. this was so long ago got bored and bought some Rotiform DTMs

oow Rotiform STL!! nice ;) how do you find them to your steelies? .. was looking at the 20" silver ones with THQ but they were waiting on Rotiform to rework the alloy for Transporters.. this was so long ago got bored and bought some Rotiform DTMs
I love ‘em! I’ve had two sets of banded steels which I really enjoyed, but these are my favourites.

Do. you know if the 18" are being reworked for Transporters as well?

Silly question probably but here goes, just been and had the tyres taken off my banded steelies (245/45/18). With the tyres off I thought Christ they look wide, so I thought I’d measure them. Just to confirm it’s not the overall width of the wheel I measure, it’s bead to bead yes?

Thanks

Lee

Do. you know if the 18" are being reworked for Transporters as well?
There was talk they had to machine the silver 20” ones as stuck out quite a bit at the front and has been featured on their transporter at shows.. THQ said they were waiting for them to be tested / reworked so would fit.. all gone very quiet and no updates from THQ! there was never any mention about the 18”

There was talk they had to machine the silver 20” ones as stuck out quite a bit at the front and has been featured on their transporter at shows.. THQ said they were waiting for them to be tested / reworked so would fit.. all gone very quiet and no updates from THQ! there was never any mention about the 18”
I just had a look on the Rotiform site. Width and offset are the same for 18 and 20 wheels so that would make them both stick out the same amount. Puzzling.

I just had a look on the Rotiform site. Width and offset are the same for 18 and 20 wheels so that would make them both stick out the same amount. Puzzling.
Ya this is what put me off as there are the black version in 18/20"? THQ on instagram mentioned they were developing a transporter spec version which is confusing as they are already available (not in the silver mind) last email from Mike at THQ "We are still in development with these. We are hoping stock will be available in 8-12 weeks"

Ya this is what put me off as there are the black version in 18/20"? THQ on instagram mentioned they were developing a transporter spec version which is confusing as they are already available (not in the silver mind) last email from Mike at THQ "We are still in development with these. We are hoping stock will be available in 8-12 weeks"
Interesting, wonder that the Transporter fitment will be? If they just increase the offset then the rears will be too far in. When was the 8-12 weeks starting from. Although I never believe THQ timescales anymore. I would be very interested in silver. Buying black to powder coat makes them expensive.

Interesting, wonder that the Transporter fitment will be? If they just increase the offset then the rears will be too far in. When was the 8-12 weeks starting from. Although I never believe THQ timescales anymore. I would be very interested in silver. Buying black to powder coat makes them expensive.
That was a couple of week ago the reply.. I believe it was just the fronts they had to modify? Could be wrong.. all I know is whatever they did for the wheelpros_Europe transporter looks spot on and in silver..

Hmmm, they are square fitment at ET30 and 9J all round and they look perfect at the front on @T6ARF s van (he has a spacer on the rear though) and load rating is ok for T32, so not sure why they need to ‘rework’ anything?

If you read the comments on the Insta post that @Stu007 shared THQ are saying they had to machine the fronts to get them to sit like that - probably because at ET30 and 9J they don’t tuck with the air ride - us peasants with normal suspension and not as low will probably not need a different offset on the front as T6ARFs van has shown.

Last edited:
Silly question probably but here goes, just been and had the tyres taken off my banded steelies (245/45/18). With the tyres off I thought Christ they look wide, so I thought I’d measure them. Just to confirm it’s not the overall width of the wheel I measure, it’s bead to bead yes?

Thanks

Lee
Yes…. I did the same thing with a previous set of banded steels and the 9.5” rear measured at least 10”!

Hmmm, they are square fitment at ET30 and 9J all round and they look perfect at the front on @T6ARF s van (he has a spacer on the rear though) and load rating is ok for T32, so not sure why they need to ‘rework’ anything?

If you read the comments on the Insta post that @Stu007 shared THQ are saying they had to machine the fronts to get them to sit like that - probably because at ET30 and 9J they don’t tuck with the air ride - us peasants with normal suspension and not as low will probably not need a different offset on the front as T6ARFs van has shown.
Being the devil's advocate, doesn't the fact he needed to fit spacers to make them look perfect suggest they do need a 'rework'. ie need to fit a spacer to the rear to match the front, or need to increase the front offset to match the rear?

It's all a matter of taste but I think the rear is better without the spacer, but the front pokes too much, so the pair doesn't look balanced.
Also as a company I would have thought it will be more profitable to sell wheels that match all transporters rather than ones that wont fit on low vans?

Do one of you moderator chaps think this specific wheel discussion needs to be moved to it’s own thread (Rotiform STL)…. might be useful for anyone thinking of these wheels in the future?? And it’s hijacked the Team Banded Brothers thread quite enough.

Back