Team Banded Brothers.

Just a note for reference, my T5 doors were 6mm ply, carpeted and they only just touched the rear 9.5 rear rim when it was opened.

As you’ve said above, Amaroks start at 45 offset and GPs are actually 56, so more room to play with in terms of clearance.

Hi @huw169 I’m not running the banded GP’s anymore (sorry @Trouts ;)), but I’ll put up a couple of pictures that are probably on this thread already if you look back.

Anyway, I had 9” on the fronts and 9.5” on the rears with 235/55/17 tyres all round and no rubbing issues whatsoever and my van is lowered by approximately 80mm. A note on the rears rubbing the sliding door cards…. previous to the GP’s I was running banded Amarok’s…. again with 9.5” rears and these ‘poked’ out more than the GP’s. With the Amarok’s I had a slight rubbing on the door card, but definitely not with the GP’s.

View attachment 184301View attachment 184302View attachment 184303
aaaah you sold them to @StueyStuey huh
(i had an feeling you did as I was typing, but thought you might put some pictures up anyway, which is never a bad thing!)
one of my favourite looking vans :inlove:

Anyone know anything about, or had any dealings with ebay sellers jktopalloys or goodrimsonly? They have a couple of sets between them.

One in Poole and the other in Bournemouth which is the same place really, but their pics of wheel sets seem to be taken on same floor. Seems a bit odd, but both seller names have 100% feedback, which I know is not fully trustworthy.

Also, if the wheels have clips on for baby moon discs, does that mean the standard covers can't fit?

Many Thanks

Set ordered from Damian Force of Banded Steel Wheels.
Not going to powder coat as cost is ridiculous and I’m going gold on a black van which I may not like, so any tips on preparing and spraying would be proper useful. Thanks

Not going to powder coat as cost is ridiculous and I’m going gold on a black van which I may not like, so any tips on preparing and spraying would be proper useful. Thanks
How much was the powder coating then quote then?

Im most likely selling my bandeds mate, silver on a black van.

0CE459A9-9D81-4CDE-996D-FB4B207CA39F.jpeg

Question to members that have fitted 19" banded Range Rover spacers...
How much heavier are they compared to banded amaroks?

I'm not after specific weights BTW, just a rough idea as in 'a lot' or 'not much more' etc.

My set of GP 17”s up on the For Sale section now.

Back