Bulky table leg ideas

We recently purchased our first VW camper and the conversion has the common table store behind the drivers seat. Being 6 ft with long legs I like to have the seat back but am finding this fowls with the tubular leg of the table which is losing me around an inch of space that I get with the table removed. The table is a standard single folding leg type with 2 clips that connect to the rail on the cabinets.

I know the simple answer is move the table but it is convenient storing it there and wondered if anyone has modified their table to perhaps remove the leg when not in use but still be stable when clipped back in? Btw I can force the seat back into the leg but think over time it might damage the upholstery.

I've removed the leg (6 screws) and left the table against the unit (not in secure position) and then left the leg behind the base of my seat.
I found this allows me seat to recline all the way back until it touches the kitchenette unit.

Have you considered a Loc-8 table?

Slightly more expensive than removing the leg from your existing table, but it stores in the sliding door and has the benefit of being usable outside of the van.

Google Lagan table.
It’s a quickly detachable dog leg system that allows the table to be positioned almost infinitely, and allows you to chose the height too

I have a table stowed in the sliding door, does the job but once set up there has to be somebody on the other side to reach stuff that I forgot!
I tend to use my legs, always have them with me and don’t take up much space.

Google Lagan table.
It’s a quickly detachable dog leg system that allows the table to be positioned almost infinitely, and allows you to chose the height too

Sorry to the OP - I should have read your post more thoroughly….,
This is a good alternative to a central leg getting in the way, but not necessarily resolves your issue!

Back