T6.1 Alpine 16.5cm Speaker Set with Sub & Amp

Hey guys, I bought the Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers and I will have it installed soon including a basic door sound deadening, but I'm now stuck if I should also buy the amplifier & subwoofer??
Can you give heads up?
It's about 300 EUR, so like it's costly imo, and I find the OEM to be a bit flat, but okay.
I really don't need subwoofer, but I wonder if the amplifier gets me a better sound.
Basically 2x better sound, because it's twice the price now.
---
Okay, the OP had the same question and kept without amplifier, so that's what I'll do.

Here's a video of the install:

And they say its "massive improvement"

Didn't even use the dsp/subwoofer!! So all good.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I bought the Alpine SPC-106T6 speakers and I will have it installed soon including a basic door sound deadening, but I'm now stuck if I should also buy the amplifier & subwoofer??
Can you give heads up?
It's about 300 EUR, so like it's costly imo, and I find the OEM to be a bit flat, but okay.
I really don't need subwoofer, but I wonder if the amplifier gets me a better sound.
---
Okay, the OP had the same question and kept without amplifier, so that's what I'll do.

I put the full system in and very impressed with the sound quality.

Just got it installed.
Sounds very good...
I won't be getting the dsp/sub - it does sound good enough.
It's not a blast as in my other car with Focal set for $5k, but it definitely improved over stock.
And it looks fire.

80fe47ff-2d59-4d5f-9d4f-ff5fe131ba7b.jpeg

424f8a40-3921-4893-9ec4-133367512037 - kopie.jpeg

34250869-df5c-45e7-9f44-9a4b8c4d3d00 - kopie.jpeg

Alpine 16.5cm T6.1 speaker set - review copied from same thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as you've had them installed for a while, could you give me an unbiased opinion on them?!

I have a T6.1 which I am in the process of sound deadening, lining etc. but to be honest I am rather underwhelmed with the current audio set up!

I appreciate the 'proper' route is amp, sub etc. etc. but for a quick DIY upgrade are these worth it??

I haven't the £££'s (nor ever will have a justification for in fairness) to go 'whole-hog' and I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers

Seeing as you've had them installed for a while, could you give me an unbiased opinion on them?!

I have a T6.1 which I am in the process of sound deadening, lining etc. but to be honest I am rather underwhelmed with the current audio set up!

I appreciate the 'proper' route is amp, sub etc. etc. but for a quick DIY upgrade are these worth it??

I haven't the £££'s (nor ever will have a justification for in fairness) to go 'whole-hog' and I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers
A world beyond the stock speakers.
To be totally honest I also had a sub fitted (also for sale here) so would be difficult for me to comment on speakers alone, but they're a very popular replacement over the stock for the price.

I'm sure many on here will just have the speakers fitted and can comment more but with the sub I had I was impressed.

Only selling as had new head unit, sub move (under seat) and new sub install, and new speakers cabling etc as part of a signature setup

Iv just the 4 alpine speakers, no sub, it definitely makes a difference from the stock factory speakers, I had the front doors sound deadening kit fitted at the same time which I’d imagine is essential to stop any rattles.
That kit for sale would be a bargain, I’m gutted iv got no space under my front seats for the sub.

I have the 8inch ones in my t6. With a well sound deadened door and a decent stereo with a class d amp or new model halo stereo then you don't need a sub. The Bass of them is very deep with great highs from the tweeters. You can't go wrong really.

Can you give heads up?
---

Where can you get the Alpine amp and subwoofer for 300 Euros?
Please tell me!
Ben

Back