T6 LWB highline T30 vehicle weight?

djgriff

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello, I am looking to buy some ramps to get the rear end up and provide enough room for me to move a RIB 120 bed to the left side as a numpty put it in the wrong place. However, ramps seem to be either 2T (£40) 2.5T (£80). The reason i ask is, websites state that the T30 is 3 tons! if i am only lifting the rear would 2T ramps be ok or do i need to get three ton ramps? - all this faff due to an idiot doing his own thing.. sigh

Cheers

Daniel

A T30 can carry 3 tons! (A T28 can carry 2800kg, a T32 can carry 3200kg!)

The 2.5 ton ramps would be fine!

The rear axle weight will be under 2T, check the VIN plate in the engine bay, this will tell you the max each axle can carry when fully loaded so assuming your not full to the brim you will be under this

Thanks, I’m actually trying to identify the van weight and not load. As I am trying to get the rear up in the air to undo some bolts. But cheers though!

A T30 can carry 3 tons! (A T28 can carry 2800kg, a T32 can carry 3200kg!)
Not carry, the 2800kg / 3000kg / 3200kg are gross vehicle weights.

The actual weight of the vehicle should be the Mass In Service figure on the V5, plus whatever is loaded in the back.

Thanks, I’m actually trying to identify the van weight and not load. As I am trying to get the rear up in the air to undo some bolts. But cheers though!
As @Pauly says, the VIN plate will tell you the maximum permissible rear axle load, so providing that your ramps will support more than that amount, you'll be fine. (That's assuming that your rear axle isn't overloaded.)

The actual weight of the vehicle should be the Mass In Service figure on the V5, plus whatever is loaded in the back.

As @Pauly says, the VIN plate will tell you the maximum permissible rear axle load, so providing that your ramps will support more than that amount, you'll be fine. (That's assuming that your rear axle isn't overloaded.)
Thanks for clarifying, appreciated, cheers

Thanks @dubber36 - I had worded my advice badly

Check out the width of them before you buy, a lot of the cheaper ones are the same design as has been used for decades, back when tyres were narrower.

Back