T6.1 Van Slam Coilover Kit Meyle HD Top Mounts & Droplinks

KONI special active is a very special Technology and it isnt for low vans at all , it optimises damper performance by sensing the road surface and adjusting to suit
So is it a different Koni shock you use if lowering the van say 40 to 50mm but still a shock and spring as opposed to a coilover?

So is it a different Koni shock you use if lowering the van say 40 to 50mm but still a shock and spring as opposed to a coilover?
We have many different options and yes for 40 to 50 mm drop we use a special shortened shock to replace the travel lost when lowering a van ,, our biggest seller by far super successful . coil overs we only use for drops in excess of 60 because our coil overs are even shorter than the above dampers

We have many different options and yes for 40 to 50 mm drop we use a special shortened shock to replace the travel lost when lowering a van ,, our biggest seller by far super successful . coil overs we only use for drops in excess of 60 because our coil overs are even shorter than the above dampers
I presume it would be advisable to fit new top mounts,drop links and suspension cups or do new top mounts come with the shock absorber?

I presume it would be advisable to fit new top mounts,drop links and suspension cups or do new top mounts come with the shock absorber?
Yes advisable to change all the serviceable bits , rarely do the shocks come with the mounts , i have never seen it anyway

The Koni dampers will give a far superior ride to any other set up then in your opinion?
Not just my opinion but the 3000 clients we have fitted them too will also testify to this ha ha . KONI technology is far superior to all other brands actually . The trick is to know when to apply them and what springs to match them to
We have developed 14 different spring kits over the last 3 years , this gives us the ability to get the best out of the suspension and shocks

Not just my opinion but the 3000 clients we have fitted them too will also testify to this ha ha . KONI technology is far superior to all other brands actually . The trick is to know when to apply them and what springs to match them to
We have developed 14 different spring kits over the last 3 years , this gives us the ability to get the best out of the suspension and shocks
So if I have them fitted would I be better with new springs as opposed to the 40mm H&R springs I currently have?

So if I have them fitted would I be better with new springs as opposed to the 40mm H&R springs I currently have?
You can use the H&R ones , just need to check the height actually on the van what it says on the box is rarely what it does in the van

measure centre of the wheel to top of the arch front and back , from those measurements we can recommend the right damper for you

there is more science to this than most sellers of suspension know , thats why there are so many disappointed van users out there

steve

You can use the H&R ones , just need to check the height actually on the van what it says on the box is rarely what it does in the van

measure centre of the wheel to top of the arch front and back , from those measurements we can recommend the right damper for you

there is more science to this than most sellers of suspension know , thats why there are so many disappointed van users out there

steve
I fully appreciate that by the many positive reviews you have received that suspension is a complex thing.
There is so much information out there on Transporters contradicting each other saying these are the best springs, coilovers etc and obviously price that I want to get it just right and spend what I need to spend to get it right.

Yes advisable to change all the serviceable bits , rarely do the shocks come with the mounts , i have never seen it anyway
It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'm going to get chance to fit these myself... 6 month old twins being the main reason. Do you do labour only if the customer supplies the bits? I've got new fasteners, drop links, top mounts, ball joints, tie rods, rubbers etc etc. The only thing I don't have is spare time!

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'm going to get chance to fit these myself... 6 month old twins being the main reason. Do you do labour only if the customer supplies the bits? I've got new fasteners, drop links, top mounts, ball joints, tie rods, rubbers etc etc. The only thing I don't have is spare time!
Yes we can assist with the labour

Back