T6.1 Van Slam Coilover Kit Meyle HD Top Mounts & Droplinks

Has anyone on here got this kit from travelinlite- transporters

Is this everything needed for a suspension upgrade/lowering

Looking for advice on this pack as I will have to get a local fitter/garage to install

Welcome.

I personally think the Meyle HD bits are spot on.

The VanSlam coilovers are a mid level budget option from what I have read. I opted for STX coil overs fitted to my van and really like them. The other kit most people go for are the Bilsteins.

Welcome.

I personally think the Meyle HD bits are spot on.

The VanSlam coilovers are a mid level budget option from what I have read. I opted for STX coil overs fitted to my van and really like them. The other kit most people go for are the Bilsteins.
Thanks

I’ve purchase the kit as they had a 10% off so couldn’t resist ! Price point/review of kit quality meant it was a good deal

Says can lower between 40-70mm

What could I do with mount having to cut out arches or risk tyre rub…?
I’m running 20inch wheels with 275/40r20 106y tyres

275/40s are too big really so you might get some rubbing. 265/40 is the normal size for T32 but you can go 275/35 for upto a T30.

Van is booked into get suspension fitted and the need to decide on ride height, 40-70mm drop, having seen a few vans on here I’m thinking about 50mm

Tyres fitted are 275/40r20
Wheels are 8.5j all round

So if I swap to 265/40r20, i should be good ?
Or would I need to go 245/40r20

Thanks for any advice/help

Van is booked into get suspension fitted and the need to decide on ride height, 40-70mm drop, having seen a few vans on here I’m thinking about 50mm

An 11 inch tyre on a 8.5 inch wheel cant be right !! , I know that everyone does it because half the vans we get in have the 275 40 fitted . They also have touching issues when lowered , If the van is a camper prepare to be lower than 50 mm . The van slam kits are cheap for a reason ?? the springs wont like this too much ,
there fore go smaller tyre width a 245 45 20 tyre is the same rolling diameter but narrower and doesnt touch

An 11 inch tyre on a 8.5 inch wheel cant be right !! , I know that everyone does it because half the vans we get in have the 275 40 fitted . They also have touching issues when lowered , If the van is a camper prepare to be lower than 50 mm . The van slam kits are cheap for a reason ?? the springs wont like this too much ,
there fore go smaller tyre width a 245 45 20 tyre is the same rolling diameter but narrower and doesnt touch
Thanks for your input, @CRS Performance
I’ve seen various threads you’ve commented on so glad you took time for this one..

Van came with those wheels and tyres fitted when I Got the van, seems like they are cheaper tyres ?
Read a lot about it not being a good set up

Van is a t32 kombi (factory)

Hi Jamie, did you get these fitted in the end? How did they compare to the OG setup?

No yet, delays due to various non van related stuff, work,family,bills etc

Tyres are arriving tomorrow so hopefully get things sorted and report back for sure
Okay I hope you get it sorted soon. I'm still unsure what to fit on mine so would be interested in what's it's like.
Btw I also had 275 / 40 / 20s on some range rover alloys with spacers. They rubbed on full lock and I had to replace the power steering rack and driveshaft. I don't know for certain that was the issue but they definitely didn't help. I got rid in the end and put 17s on instead.

The used Caravelle I've just bought came with Van Slams fitted. I can't wait to take them off, they're that bad. Crashy, jarring, really poor damping. I would see if you can drive a van with them fitted before you part with your cash. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that...

The used Caravelle I've just bought came with Van Slams fitted. I can't wait to take them off, they're that bad. Crashy, jarring, really poor damping. I would see if you can drive a van with them fitted before you part with your cash. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that...
Oh sorry to hear that, did you know how long they have been on the carvelle for ?

Vans going in tomorrow to get suspension fitted …..

No idea Jamie. Van had 58k miles on it, so they could well have done a fair distance. I've got some standard springs and Koni Special Actives waiting to go on when I find a spare half day.

Hopefully, you've a better tolerance for a firm ride than I do and like the gear when it's fitted.

Oh sorry to hear that, did you know how long they have been on the carvelle for ?

Vans going in tomorrow to get suspension fitted
No idea Jamie. Van had 58k miles on it, so they could well have done a fair distance. I've got some standard springs and Koni Special Actives waiting to go on when I find a spare half day.

Hopefully, you've a better tolerance for a firm ride than I do and like the gear when it's fitted.
well
I’m committed now as have the kit and local garage is fitting…. My van has near 140k miles and the standard ones are done…

if no good then it’s a Good excuse to go to an air set up in a year or so

Got the van back from garage

Kit all fitted, only drive around the town and home but feels much better with new set up…

- 265 wide tyres (were 275)
- Van slam coil over with meyle kit - replaced old standard suspension (130k miles)

10mm down from top (50mm down)
Will see how it feels after a few long drives ….

Really happy so far

F7BD57F9-FE57-4BB0-90F9-354A50E2C36D.jpeg

7A79B1FF-09E9-48E3-BE77-CCBB9414C619.jpeg

Got the van back from garage

Kit all fitted, only drive around the town and home but feels much better with new set up…

- 265 wide tyres (were 275)
- Van slam coil over with meyle kit - replaced old standard suspension (130k miles)

10mm down from top (50mm down)
Will see how it feels after a few long drives ….

Really happy so far

View attachment 198584

View attachment 198585
Certainly looks spot on :thumbsup:

I was looking at getting some Vanslam so you recommend not getting them what have you replaced them with?

Back