T6.1 new order delays

I defer to @Captain Quick's in-depth knowledge, but would add that if there was any contention for parts, my perception was the Cali builds got first dibs.
Almost certainly as Calis must generate big profits. That said, they aren’t sold in large volumes particularly in RHD versions. I rather suspect that large fleet buyers’ orders are top of the priority list as they are big cash generators for VW and are relatively low spec which must minimise parts supply issues.

It came close to it as the van in the spec I ordered didn’t look like VW were ever going to build it. However, in February the status changed to a confirmed build date and it went down the production line in late March.

I'm guessing the components supply situation has improved with semiconductor production getting back to normal and alternative suppliers for wiring looms and electrical components previously made in Ukraine, have been found.

I wonder when the last T6.1 will go down the production line.

o_O So we had this today from the dealer.

"The current status is 20 (confirmed build date) for week 22 of 2023 which is this week.
Providing everything goes to plan the next update will be towards the end of next week to say the vehicle has left the factory and on its way to the port.
Fingers crossed this vehicle should be with us physically for July."

Not getting my hopes up, but fingers crossed it stays that way.:thumbsup:

Spotted 4 Californias/ Oceans , and 4 panel vans making their way to VW Liverpool earlier. Someone is having an exciting weekend.

Well, it’s all change now... I had been told that we would be able to modify the spec of the cancelled order as I wanted Discover Nav, so took the opportunity to spend a week meticulously going over the options to come up with a perfect spec… for VW to say they can’t change the spec of 204PS vehicles!

So, I moved my deposit to a cancelled order Pure Grey Sportline Kombi instead. Not that I expect the vehicle to ever show up!

Is anyone waiting for a 204 4motion and got a build date ? A chap on Facebook is saying his build date that he had has now disappeared off the system, I’m starting a get a little worried I might never see mine

Is anyone waiting for a 204 4motion and got a build date ? A chap on Facebook is saying his build date that he had has now disappeared off the system, I’m starting a get a little worried I might never see mine
I've got a Status 10 build date of week 38 this year (2023) - haven't checked with the dealer in the last fortnight or so in fairness so it may have gone to the wind by now!

I've got a Status 10 build date of week 38 this year (2023) - haven't checked with the dealer in the last fortnight or so in fairness so it may have gone to the wind by now!
Fingers crossed it hasn’t !! I’m desperate for my van and would be seriously annoyed if they pull the plug after waiting this long.

Back