T6.1 new order delays

Fingers crossed it hasn’t !! I’m desperate for my van and would be seriously annoyed if they pull the plug after waiting this long.
Get this,
Ordered a T6.1 4x4, LWB, diff lock , 204 7DSG panel van on the 9th June 2021, Fully paid up.
No communication from the ‘authorised VW dealer’ for the last six months so I phoned the main VW customer service yesterday to check the status. He asked for my order number, I gave it. He says all order numbers start with a 3 and are 8 digits long. My order No. has only seven digits and no number 3.
He is looking into it.
I am suspecting foul play now but may be just paranoid.fingers crossed.
I may win this delay race.
JC.

Get this,
Ordered a T6.1 4x4, LWB, diff lock , 204 7DSG panel van on the 9th June 2021, Fully paid up.
No communication from the ‘authorised VW dealer’ for the last six months so I phoned the main VW customer service yesterday to check the status. He asked for my order number, I gave it. He says all order numbers start with a 3 and are 8 digits long. My order No. has only seven digits and no number 3.
He is looking into it.
JC.
I’ve just checked my order sheet and my order number doesn’t start will a 3 and is only 7 digits long too!!! Be interesting to see what they come back with.

I’ve just checked my order sheet and my order number doesn’t start will a 3 and is only 7 digits long too!!! Be interesting to see what they come back with.
Spoke with a different person at VW customer care this morning and have been reassured the order is real and that authorised dealers have a different order number system.
Minor panic over for now.
Still no confirmed build date though.

Spoke with a different person at VW customer care this morning and have been reassured the order is real and that authorised dealers have a different order number system.
Minor panic over for now.
Still no confirmed build date though.
That’s good news then , we live in hope !! cheers for the update .

Well looks like build week of week 23 has now been dropped and no current build date on order apparently it's the power fold mirrors on highline spec causing my delay

Get this,
He is looking into it.
JC.
Like you, I ordered a LWB 4Motion 204PS DSG Highline panel van with diff lock plus tow bar, LED lamps, etc. in June 2021. After not getting any real news for ages I heard in mid-March that the order status had unexpectedly changed to 20 and my van was built two weeks later in week 13. Following a delay of several weeks in getting a space on a transport ship, the van was eventually shipped from Emden and arrived in the UK two weeks ago. I know of at least 2 more similar spec vans that were ordered in July 2021 and they are still awaiting a confirmed built slot but VW have said they will be built. Don’t despair.

Last edited:
I ordered a 4Motion Kombi 204BiTDI last Autumn, I was told that 4Mo was not an option as parts were none existent so swapped for a 2wd in the hope that it might speed up the process, no such luck, I’ve not phoned for a few months now to check and nearly bailed to a Ford Ranger, then thought NO I’ll wait for the Amorok but even now it’s a wait and I do like a nice Van !

Autoebid offered me a couple of options for 4 motion vans coming in October

obviously over MRP

Like you, I ordered a LWB 4Motion 204PS DSG Highline panel van with diff lock plus tow bar, LED lamps, etc. in June 2021. After not getting any real news for ages I heard in mid-March that the order status had unexpectedly changed to 20 and my van was built two weeks later in week 13. Following a delay of several weeks in getting a space on a transport ship, the van was eventually shipped from Emden and arrived in the UK two weeks ago. I know of at least 2 more similar spec vans that were ordered in July 2021 and they are still awaiting a confirmed built slot but VW have said they will be built. Don’t despair.
That’s good to hear.

So we got this today, we ordered a T30 Panel van Highline LWB 150 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG with every conceivable extra in Aug 22 :D

"Fantastic news! The order for Jane has been built and is currently awaiting shipping at the port.
Generally speaking, shipping can take up to 2 weeks and then the vehicle will get to our PDI centre where it has the final checks and then heads over to us

Fingers crossed we should physically see the vehicle Early/Mid July."

Had a phonecall from Autoebid yesterday letting me know that mine is scheduled for build in August for a September delivery . Order placed early December 2021 so it will be 21months and it won't be the colour I wanted as that is now discontinued

Had a phonecall from Autoebid yesterday letting me know that mine is scheduled for build in August for a September delivery . Order placed early December 2021 so it will be 21months and it won't be the colour I wanted as that is now discontinued
I ordered from autoebid July 22 mine being delivered July 23. Will prob hold off collecting until September.. what spec you getting? I’ve ordered 204 dsg highline swb pure grey, rear camera, captain seats, tow bar , etc

What colour is discontinued?

Back