T6.1 new order delays

Quick straw poll: Who on here has been asked/told to cancel their order by the dealership?

I ,personally got a very good deal, and I think/know the dealership could make much more on my order if I let it go.
No, theyve now told me there are 99% certain i’ll be getting mine in December. Im not holding my breath, but theyre certainly not trying to get me to cancel.

@BognorMotors what spec are those 5 vans out of interest? It seems a bit nuts to me that you can secure ‘extra’ vans without them having an end customers name on them when some of us have been waiting for so long. Are they cancelled orderes or something?

Quick straw poll: Who on here has been asked/told to cancel their order by the dealership?

I ,personally got a very good deal, and I think/know the dealership could make much more on my order if I let it go.

VW have cancelled all the rental companies RFO orders so they can prioritise the retail orders. We’ve had over 40 vans cancelled that were detained for our rental fleet. It’s to support the retail customers and keep the dealerships moving. All of our retail orders are untouched.

@BognorMotors what spec are those 5 vans out of interest? It seems a bit nuts to me that you can secure ‘extra’ vans without them having an end customers name on them when some of us have been waiting for so long. Are they cancelled orderes or something?
150PS Kombi with manual gearboxes and a few options. VW UK allocated every dealer 1 of these vans - I presume they were cancelled.

We are all in the same boat waiting for vehicles, I order up to 60-80 vans for my rental fleet every year, and as above have had lots cancelled , which won’t help my quarter 4 and 1 defleet.

Last edited:
VW have cancelled all the rental companies RFO orders so they can prioritise the retail orders. We’ve had over 40 vans cancelled that were detained for our rental fleet. It’s to support the retail customers and keep the dealerships moving. All of our retail orders are untouched.

150PS Kombi with manual gearboxes and a few options. VW UK allocated every dealer 1 of these vans - I presume they were cancelled.

We are all in the same boat waiting for vehicles, I order up to 60-80 vans for my rental fleet every year, and as above have had lots cancelled , which won’t help my quarter 4 and 1 defleet.
Pretty much what my dealer said. I don’t think we should be beating on the dealers as they still need to sell a quantity of vehicles each year to cover their business costs so the reduced availability of stock is just as frustrating for the dealer as it is for end user. They were initially helped with the increased value of the stock they held but my once that’s sold it’s a grim outlook.

Apologies if it came across like I was directing frustrations at you, it wasnt intended like that in any way. Just interested in the mechanics of it all.

Great news!! today my van has arrived at the dealers just got to have the ply lining done and can have it Monday, quite pleased at the moment was told late september and its here, will be having a look at it before collection spec is T6.1 pv 150 Highline indium grey . Happy days!!
Great news for you @Maximinus:cool:....what year did you order?:think smile bounce:

Great news!! today my van has arrived at the dealers just got to have the ply lining done and can have it Monday, quite pleased at the moment was told late september and its here, will be having a look at it before collection spec is T6.1 pv 150 Highline indium grey . Happy days!!
Excellent news , must be buzzing .

What about order date have you been waiting long .

Hi i ordered the van 1st of June 2021 the salesman said it would be around the end of September so credit to him for getting it on time, i hope it lasts me over 10 years like my T5 which i sold last week

Well on week commencing 13th September, exactly 12 months since order placed, my Caravelle was due to go into build. It has been in build since then but I have found out today through vw chat that the build has still not commenced due to semiconductor shortages. The saga continues…..

OK @Maximinus sorry but you need to explain how this is possible ordered in June 2021 and van is in the UK. Wish mine would arrive like that
Great news, but surely it wasn't a factory order. If it is, it just makes a further mockery of the VW build allocation system, and really sticks the knife in for those of us waiting a long long time.

Sorry for sounding bitter.... but I am.

Back