T6.1 new order delays

I’m just grateful that Iv been given a courtesy van until mine arrives now. Ordered in feb been told November but not to bothered now that Iv got the courtesy van.
How on earth did you manage to get a courtesy van… and for that long not knowing when your new van would arrive… which dealer?

Reactions: MrT
How on earth did you manage to get a courtesy van… and for that long not knowing when your new van would arrive… which dealer?
In answer I was on the live chat every night making a complaint and took about 3/4 weeks of constantly being on them ( VW ) and the dealership. What I will say tho and this is from VW direct that anything like this is purely at the dealership discretion , to which I’m very grateful to VW Ipswich.This is my second van from them in 2 years. I did make it known to them that I ordered February with a delivery of June and that I planned accordingly. I was very understanding and being reasonable with them as this pandemic is new for everyone and that the situation is no ones fault , but however I was still with out a van that I needed for work.

I asked for a courtesy van as well. It was a blunt no.
he did offer me my deposit back though. Lol.
The thing is I can appreciate the difficulty supplying a courtesy van as stock in general is so low. But My argument was that the order stated June delivery and that I needed my van for September. Again VW customer care did put pressure on the dealership but it was always down to the dealership discretion.

I bought a van for conversion through Carlo at Ipswich last year..very helpful guy...asked him to quote me on a new work van beginning of March, with several reminders in between but never replied so ordered through Norwich VWVC who are straight on the ball ...maybe I should of persisted and I might have a courtesy van too! ;)

I bought a van for conversion through Carlo at Ipswich last year..very helpful guy...asked him to quote me on a new work van beginning of March, with several reminders in between but never replied so ordered through Norwich VWVC who are straight on the ball ...maybe I should of persisted and I might have a courtesy van too! ;)
That’s who i ordered though is Carlo , but the whole courtesy van has been dealt with the manager direct.

Had word from my VW dealer today that my SWB Kombi DSG Highline has a forecast build week set for March 2022 with a view that UK delivery would be around mid April.

I placed the order on July 2nd this year and was advised to expect around a 12 month wait.

Not holding my breath on the March build, but would be happy with an April delivery... all things considered.

Good news i hope, been told by my dealer that my 150 highline pv in indium grey has been built and hopefully be with me either end of september (which was the original plan) or early October, only mods i ordered were an extra sliding door and heated water jets, ordered van begining of june21 cant wait now!!

Back