T6.1 new order delays

Ordered LWB Kombi 199, DSG, 4motion, etc, etc, beginning August 2020. Due for build week 48. Didn’t happen, as of Feb 2021 main agent still hasn’t provided build slot. Maybe May? A friend ordered a Panel Van at the same time and is having same issues. The used stuff listed on Autotrader seems to be sitting around, makes you wonder.

Did get this though regarding engine change.might be of some use.

Transition to RDE 2 can render some Transporter configurations un-buildable
  • CV0030-21
12 JAN 2021 Last Updated 9 days ago

The transition from RDE 1 to RDE 2 can increase the unladen weight of models by up to 25kg. This means some order configurations may exceed their maximum permissible weight, rendering them un-buildable.

The customer configurator on our website and the dealer order configurator in SLI warn users if Transporter orders that include a 110PS or 150PS engine will exceed their maximum permissible weight after the transition to RDE 2, by advising people to remove options already selected so the configurations can be built.

We don’t yet have technical data for the RDE 2-compliant 204PS engine, so both configurators continue to show the 199PS engine instead – but some orders may end up exceeding their maximum permissible weight with all the selected options after we’ve changed them to 204PS. We’ll let you know if this happens with any of your orders.

The RDE 2 standard focuses on tightening nitrous oxide (NOx) road test limits. It is a continuation of the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), which improved the accuracy of CO2 and NOx emissions tests and is an industry standard for all manufacturers.
This has affected a number of Cali orders, and has required some extras to be removed. Was quite a lot of chat on the vwcaliforniaclub chat a week or two back.

VW were due to get the data on the 199/204 engine at the end of Jan, so that part should be worked through now. The crux of the issue is that the new RDE standards required an extra 25kg of kit to manage emissions, hence pushing weights over limits.

Bit of a farce really, particularly when set against the various other issues in the factory.....micro processor chip shortages, under estimating post Brexit UK demand, Covid absences etc. All told, they are in a right middle over orders and build dates.

At clucking last . Finally managed to get my hands on a van . Started my journey last September. 2 deposits paid, 2 deposits returned . Hours and hours spent trawling the web and calling the dealerships then out of the blue I get a call on the way home on the M4 last night from Olly at Van Haven saying he’s got one coming in on Monday . just happened to be the right spec and colour I was after. Done a deal on the seats and he’s fitting a front lip and rear spoiler for me. Had a really shit week this week and this was just the good news the family needed to pick us back up. So a big thanks to Olly. And to anyone else pulling their hair out trying to get a van, keep the faith, something will turn up. Pick up is in 2 weeks time

At clucking last . Finally managed to get my hands on a van . Started my journey last September. 2 deposits paid, 2 deposits returned . Hours and hours spent trawling the web and calling the dealerships then out of the blue I get a call on the way home on the M4 last night from Olly at Van Haven saying he’s got one coming in on Monday . just happened to be the right spec and colour I was after. Done a deal on the seats and he’s fitting a front lip and rear spoiler for me. Had a really shit week this week and this was just the good news the family needed to pick us back up. So a big thanks to Olly. And to anyone else pulling their hair out trying to get a van, keep the faith, something will turn up. Pick up is in 2 weeks time
Great news Rustic!! Some of the pain will start to ease as soon as you get your hands on it

Great news Rustic!! Some of the pain will start to ease as soon as you get your hands on it
Thanks Ozi. is your van still on track for your build slot. I hope it is. I phoned mark last week for an update , but he couldn’t give an answer on my slot which he originally said was week 16. He said vow were pushing panel vans back to august and he was going to call me next Friday with hopefully some news. When van haven called me Friday afternoon with a kombi I took it . A bit more expensive but hey. I really hope yours comes through on time for you

Reactions: Ozi
Still unconfirmed week 9 @Rustic12 which has been consistent for last 3 weeks. That’s w/c 1st March, and allegedly should be confirmed this week according to both online chat and Mark. Although it seems bizarre that they can only confirm the week before build, as I’ve seen others become confirmed some weeks in advance.

Spoke to Mark last week and he said the factory were still messing about with orders and build weeks, but didn’t think mine would be changed again this close to the unconfirmed week.

Let’s see what this week brings.....hopefully all sorted.

Going to cancel my order build date week 9 & going Ford if anyone wants it

38k 150 dsg SWB with Bi xenon, barn doors, blue, automatic & heated seats
United Kingdom

Read an article in the press this week suggesting that car manufacturers have been badly affected by a world shortage in microprocessors, and VW apparently is one of the worst hit. As Covid first hit and vehicle manufacturers scaled production back, microprocessor manufacturers shifted sales to small electronics items such as phones, tvs etc where demand has held up. Due to the 'just in time' nature of vehicle manufacturing, the industry had no stock once production restarted, even though they had apparently advised suppliers that they expected a rapid bounce back. As microprocessors are still in high (and ever growing) demand, the vehicle manufacturers can't call the shots like they used to, and it's causing considerable disruption and delays.

Just had the dreaded call from VW Dealer T32 Kombi ordered early December for delivery in April now been put back to October/November at earliest.

Just had the dreaded call from VW Dealer T32 Kombi ordered early December for delivery in April now been put back to October/November at earliest.
That would infuriate me. Its a crap situation with 2nd hand values being so high.

I ordered at the end of November and just had confirmation that my van is at the final assembly point at factory. I don’t understand why orders before mine are being put backwards.

That's not a good phone call at all. I only ordered (for the second time) two weeks ago so I could be the end of the year too...

What was your full spec?

I wonder if there are key options, which use processors, that hinder the build?

That's not a good phone call at all. I only ordered (for the second time) two weeks ago so I could be the end of the year too...

What was your full spec?

I think it might be a shortage of the new emissions 204 for passenger vehicles

What was your full spec?

It’s a manual 150 4motion with dif lock, hill descent, discovery nav, power doors/tailgate and a few other bits and pieces.

The whole thing seems like a lottery to me!!

Comms in general from VW seems shocking, with constantly shifting goalposts and lack of information.

Back