T6.1 new order delays

Hi,

First post, hope this is allowed.

I am from a main dealer and after reading this post I thought I would see if I can help.

We are in a unique position in that we have available stock! As it stands I have the following already at the dealership, on its way or getting built in the next week or two.

They are obviously in different colours and have various factory options fitted.

Please let me know if you would like further information, or if you let me know what you are looking for I could get the best match.

4 x SWB Panel Van Highline 110ps
1 x SWB Panel Van Startline 110ps
4 x SWB Panel Van Highline 150ps DSG

3 x SWB Kombi Highline 150ps manual
7 x SWB Kombi Highline 150ps DSG
1 x SWB Kombi Highline 199ps DSG

Thanks

Probably some members third party order in that list

Update - Mine was week 6 not week 5 and I can confirm that it is now at the exit port so it's taken 7 working days from confirmed build start to available at exit port. Let's see how long it takes to get my hands on it.
My van is also at the port of exit now. :D

My van is also at the port of exit now. :D
Hopefully a few more there for others on here waiting for updates.

Someone asked on here a while back how many roll of the production line each day. Just been watching a youtube video, which back in 2017, said about 180000 a year. So thats around 500 a day on average.....quite a pace! More than I thought it might be.

Had a chat with my dealer earlier to see if my week 9 build is confirmed yet. Not yet unfortunately, but hopefully confirmed next week, for build the following week...unless they change it. Really hope they don’t after the painful journey I’ve had thus far. So with luck, in 2 weeks I’ll also be able to report mine is sitting at Emden as well.

He tells me it’s still a challenge with supplies, and puts this down to UK demand being much stronger than VW expected it to be. Business is still brisk for him it seems and no trouble selling them. Getting them built looks like it will be an enduring headache this year.

3 weeks and counting til my T30 Kombi is delivered to my door. Will be sad to say goodbye to my Touareg, best car i have ever owned...just not enough space for wife, three kids and a dog anymore

Hopefully a few more there for others on here waiting for updates.

Someone asked on here a while back how many roll of the production line each day. Just been watching a youtube video, which back in 2017, said about 180000 a year. So thats around 500 a day on average.....quite a pace! More than I thought it might be.

Had a chat with my dealer earlier to see if my week 9 build is confirmed yet. Not yet unfortunately, but hopefully confirmed next week, for build the following week...unless they change it. Really hope they don’t after the painful journey I’ve had thus far. So with luck, in 2 weeks I’ll also be able to report mine is sitting at Emden as well.

He tells me it’s still a challenge with supplies, and puts this down to UK demand being much stronger than VW expected it to be. Business is still brisk for him it seems and no trouble selling them. Getting them built looks like it will be an enduring headache this year.
Are you far from your dealer when you collect as it isn’t as easy to travel at this time.

3 weeks and counting til my T30 Kombi is delivered to my door. Will be sad to say goodbye to my Touareg, best car i have ever owned...just not enough space for wife, three kids and a dog anymore
What build week is your van?
I will be sad to see my t5 original sportline 2009 go one day as I purchased it new and the engine is great. 90000 miles

Are you far from your dealer when you collect as it isn’t as easy to travel at this time.
140miles. But not an issue, as they are going to deliver it directly to the converter for me, which is extra 80 miles away from me and saves me the time.

Would have preferred to collect it myself, just to see it before it’s conversion, but as the offer was there and it saved me a day of travel, made sense to let them deliver it.

140miles. But not an issue, as they are going to deliver it directly to the converter for me, which is extra 80 miles away from me and saves me the time.

Would have preferred to collect it myself, just to see it before it’s conversion, but as the offer was there and it saved me a day of travel, made sense to let them deliver it.
Yes that makes sense. I have 140 miles and will need to book the train in advance.

I’ve just been talking via the online chat to see if I’ve been allocated a build date. Debbie the advisor was really helpful, she gave me a insight to how there system works which I’ll share.

“Initially what happens is your order goes on a wait list until there is production capacity. Your order is held at the moment which means it is off the wait list and production quota has been accepted. It is waiting to be submitted to the Factory at which point it is accepted and they would provide a provisional build week.”

So now I’m off the waiting list hopefully I’ll receive a provisional build date relatively soon, I ordered on the 23rd of December.

I’ve just been talking via the online chat to see if I’ve been allocated a build date. Debbie the advisor was really helpful, she gave me a insight to how there system works which I’ll share.

“Initially what happens is your order goes on a wait list until there is production capacity. Your order is held at the moment which means it is off the wait list and production quota has been accepted. It is waiting to be submitted to the Factory at which point it is accepted and they would provide a provisional build week.”

So now I’m off the waiting list hopefully I’ll receive a provisional build date relatively soon, I ordered on the 23rd of December.
This sounds like the same situation as me I ordered early Jan and my status is 00 which I understand to be : 00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled

I ordered third week Sept, still no build date, dealer said it’s in next batch, batch of ten vans prior to that ordered first week sept have been and gone to customers so wouldn’t pay much heed to build dates

Heard from a reliable source this week that VW were only going to supply official VW agents in 2021

We are not a VW dealer or agent and are still supplying vans, so this is not strictly true - VW have pulled the plug on all the company's offering pre-registraion, which is against their renta/leasel terms. All those with orders with these third parties are have their orders cancelled. We work very closely with select Uk dealers to get you the right vehicle at a good price.

We’ve never had any supply issues and still have about 30 vehicle on order presently for our own fleet and private buyers.

We are always happy to quote. And can supply with all current VW offers and finance packages as well as the correct and up to date product knowledge on the vans.

So I phoned 0800 783 4909 and gave them the order number that the dealer provided me. They are able to confirm the status of the order. My order is at 00 apparently there is an issue with the order itself and I need to take it up with the dealer sigh, only ordered it a month ago.

Thanks for that, I feel an email to the dealer coming.

YES! Just been told by my converter that my new T6.1 has now arrived. Conversion should be completed by the end of March. I’m buzzing! :)

Excellent News mate!

Fingers crossed by the time your van arrives we'll be allowed a bit further afield and at least you won't be camping on the driveway :)

Ordered LWB Kombi 199, DSG, 4motion, etc, etc, beginning August 2020. Due for build week 48. Didn’t happen, as of Feb 2021 main agent still hasn’t provided build slot. Maybe May? A friend ordered a Panel Van at the same time and is having same issues. The used stuff listed on Autotrader seems to be sitting around, makes you wonder.

Did get this though regarding engine change.might be of some use.

Transition to RDE 2 can render some Transporter configurations un-buildable
  • CV0030-21
12 JAN 2021 Last Updated 9 days ago

The transition from RDE 1 to RDE 2 can increase the unladen weight of models by up to 25kg. This means some order configurations may exceed their maximum permissible weight, rendering them un-buildable.

The customer configurator on our website and the dealer order configurator in SLI warn users if Transporter orders that include a 110PS or 150PS engine will exceed their maximum permissible weight after the transition to RDE 2, by advising people to remove options already selected so the configurations can be built.

We don’t yet have technical data for the RDE 2-compliant 204PS engine, so both configurators continue to show the 199PS engine instead – but some orders may end up exceeding their maximum permissible weight with all the selected options after we’ve changed them to 204PS. We’ll let you know if this happens with any of your orders.

The RDE 2 standard focuses on tightening nitrous oxide (NOx) road test limits. It is a continuation of the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), which improved the accuracy of CO2 and NOx emissions tests and is an industry standard for all manufacturers.

Ordered LWB Kombi 199, DSG, 4motion, etc, etc, beginning August 2020. Due for build week 48. Didn’t happen, as of Feb 2021 main agent still hasn’t provided build slot. Maybe May? A friend ordered a Panel Van at the same time and is having same issues. The used stuff listed on Autotrader seems to be sitting around, makes you wonder.

Did get this though regarding engine change.might be of some use.

Transition to RDE 2 can render some Transporter configurations un-buildable
  • CV0030-21
12 JAN 2021 Last Updated 9 days ago

The transition from RDE 1 to RDE 2 can increase the unladen weight of models by up to 25kg. This means some order configurations may exceed their maximum permissible weight, rendering them un-buildable.

The customer configurator on our website and the dealer order configurator in SLI warn users if Transporter orders that include a 110PS or 150PS engine will exceed their maximum permissible weight after the transition to RDE 2, by advising people to remove options already selected so the configurations can be built.

We don’t yet have technical data for the RDE 2-compliant 204PS engine, so both configurators continue to show the 199PS engine instead – but some orders may end up exceeding their maximum permissible weight with all the selected options after we’ve changed them to 204PS. We’ll let you know if this happens with any of your orders.

The RDE 2 standard focuses on tightening nitrous oxide (NOx) road test limits. It is a continuation of the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), which improved the accuracy of CO2 and NOx emissions tests and is an industry standard for all manufacturers.
Did your mate order a panel van in LWB as that may be the weight issue!

Back