T6.1 new order delays

The delays are mostly down to component deliveries.....especially any component that requires a "Chip" of any sort as Taiwan have a huge backlog across all sectors, it will improve as C19 measures ease

We were informed at the tail end of last week, after all build weeks live again, that any new builds for kombis would be July, and panel vans would be August.

It really is bonkers, and I’ve never seen it this bad. Always been an odd order that takes a while, but not all of them.

Last year with Covid delayed loads of registrations for us and we were hoping to get back on track this year, and we always plan 3-4 months in advance, but this will knock our fleet swap over back again.
Do you think it might be to the revised emissions?

Hi,

First post, hope this is allowed.

I am from a main dealer and after reading this post I thought I would see if I can help.

We are in a unique position in that we have available stock! As it stands I have the following already at the dealership, on its way or getting built in the next week or two.

They are obviously in different colours and have various factory options fitted.

Please let me know if you would like further information, or if you let me know what you are looking for I could get the best match.

4 x SWB Panel Van Highline 110ps
1 x SWB Panel Van Startline 110ps
4 x SWB Panel Van Highline 150ps DSG

3 x SWB Kombi Highline 150ps manual
7 x SWB Kombi Highline 150ps DSG
1 x SWB Kombi Highline 199ps DSG

Thanks

Hi,

I am from a main dealer and after reading this post I thought I would see if I can help.

We are in a unique position in that we have available stock! As it stands I have the following already at the dealership, on its way or getting built in the next week or two.

They are obviously in different colours and have various factory options fitted.

Please let me know if you would like further information, or if you let me know what you are looking for I could get the best match.

Thanks
You ought to pay for trader status.

Hi,

Thanks

I’m after some vehicles for my rental fleet. I’ll DM you

PS you will need to be trade to advertise but I’ll get in there quick

Bought our last 5 vehicles from them, always been spot on. It’s only 15 mins from our work site
What are there new vehicle preparation like ? I have heard some dealers leaving fine scratch marks on paint work from washing.

What are there new vehicle preparation like ? I have heard some dealers leaving fine scratch marks on paint work from washing.
That's standard from any dealer. If you want it swirl free avoid having any prep done on it.

I ordered and paid a large deposit for a new T6.1 Combi Hiline through Vanzone last November. Have had regular updates saying on course for delivery in March as per by order. Then got a call today saying VW not honouring order so would have to cancel. Blamed on VW cutting supplies to UK fleet operators. AM now seriously angry especially I was told when ordering that VW were committing to honour price if I ordered before end of November even if there was a no deal Brexit. Has anyone heard similar? Very tempted to have a go at VW over this.
I would look to be having a go at the Supplier and not just
I ordered and paid a large deposit for a new T6.1 Combi Hiline through Vanzone last November. Have had regular updates saying on course for delivery in March as per by order. Then got a call today saying VW not honouring order so would have to cancel. Blamed on VW cutting supplies to UK fleet operators. AM now seriously angry especially I was told when ordering that VW were committing to honour price if I ordered before end of November even if there was a no deal Brexit. Has anyone heard similar? Very tempted to have a go at VW over this.

I know that fleet buyers have been unable to fulfil orders. I also know that they received deposits for these unfulfilled orders as long ago as summer 2020.

Like you @OldHacker, I have been bitten by Vanzone. I take some ownership of the fact that there is a risk (when being a cheapskate) trying to save some money by ordering through a fleet buyer! Up until now I've been keen not to mention Vanzone by name as I didn't feel it fair to publicly name them when all fleet operators seemed in the same boat but...…..

It was 10th February when I called Vanzone and they told me that VW would not supply the ordered vehicles unless a new order was placed at a higher price.
This would have still resulted Vanzone holding on to the V5 for 11 months! (What sort of mug to they take me for?)

I told them to refund my deposits and I would go elsewhere and they agreed to pay my deposits back in 3- 5 working days.

Interestingly, when speaking to Vanzone (on 10th February) I was told that they were only made aware that they could not fulfil the original orders on 8th February 2021.

The point of this post is this; Vanzone are taking a hell of a long time to advise their customers that they cant fulfil the orders. @OldHacker only received a call from Vanzone on 16th Feb... This is over a week to advise their customers based on the information they provided me with.

I am sceptical over when Vanzone first knew that they were unable to fulfil the orders. Other users of this forum, who have been let down by other third parties, seem to have been communicated with much earlier. For example @Ticsmon received confirmation that his supplier could not supply on 1st February. Why has it taken Vanzone so much longer to inform their customers of the bad news?

Last edited:
Mine too, ordered on the 11th november

edit: actually I was told week 5 which I thought was Monday!
Update - Mine was week 6 not week 5 and I can confirm that it is now at the exit port so it's taken 7 working days from confirmed build start to available at exit port. Let's see how long it takes to get my hands on it.

Update - Mine was week 6 not week 5 and I can confirm that it is now at the exit port so it's taken 7 working days from confirmed build start to available at exit port. Let's see how long it takes to get my hands on it.
I would be wetting my pants by now

Hi,

Thanks

any firm delivery dates for the Kombi 150? Colours? Spec?

Back