T6.1 new order delays

To be fair, I think the problem is at the factory end in Hannover.

The factory seems to call the shots in terms of when they eventually “accept” the order from the dealer (which seems to randomly take from 2weeks up to many weeks), through to when build weeks are assigned both provisionally and confirmed.

Customer services database here seems entirely fed by what the factory does or doesn’t share .....which just seems to be random as there’s no apparent logic to it.

I’m seeing very little evidence of the infamous German efficiency, that’s for sure!
Vw factory might choose the uk dealers who they respect, if that’s possible !

To be fair, I think the problem is at the factory end in Hannover.

The factory seems to call the shots in terms of when they eventually “accept” the order from the dealer (which seems to randomly take from 2weeks up to many weeks), through to when build weeks are assigned both provisionally and confirmed.

Customer services database here seems entirely fed by what the factory does or doesn’t share .....which just seems to be random as there’s no apparent logic to it.

I’m seeing very little evidence of the infamous German efficiency, that’s for sure!
There are plenty of large arrogant organisations who can survive with poor customer service just because of the brand. Look at this forum, report after report of vans with side windows pissing water in and this thread regarding people who can’t wait to get their hands on them.

How long does it take for reg number after delivery to dealer, as I wonder if tax changes may happen after 1st April
Should be instant as they can do it all online with DVLA like they do with vehicle tax.

In my case, that’s sorted already as I’ve got a private plate on a retention certificate thats already sitting with the dealer ready to put on at point of registration.

Think the dealer can then do as quickly as they want to. Its a 21 plate so cant go on the road til March 1st
Ok thanks, I was thinking that if the dealer gets my van before end of March to tax it straight away just in case of changes to vehicle tax on 1st April

Should be instant as they can do it all online with DVLA like they do with vehicle tax.

In my case, that’s sorted already as I’ve got a private plate on a retention certificate thats already sitting with the dealer ready to put on at point of registration.
I will be changing the plate but thinking of taxing it first on a 21 plate cos of the government electric sh1t crackdown on diesel vehicles

new order is delayed and garage saying van will be more expensive, is that allowed? any advice appreciated seems very off to me and i'm not happy about it

When I got my van I had to get an order in place by X time, if my order wasn't in by that point then there was a 7% price increase.

I thought the salesman was just being pushy, but I did my own research and it was true so I got my order in just before the price rise came into force.

If you've signed paperwork and paid a deposit before the increase then it shouldn't be your problem.

VW - let’s just check the latest build date, oh it's week 22, that’s not very good is it? It will have to come with an electric motor by the time it arrives.

Does anyone know how to track their order using the Order Number from the Dealer? I have clicked around the website and am probably thick, but I cant work it out.

Does anyone know how to track their order using the Order Number from the Dealer? I have clicked around the website and am probably thick, but I cant work it out.

use the live chat at the bottom of the webpage and ask one of the ops to trace it for you!

use the live chat at the bottom of the webpage and ask one of the ops to trace it for you!
Thanks Peter. Its a bit early for me to waste an actual persons time, as my only order went in less than 2 weeks ago! I was just inquisitive to know what the status would be at this early stage!

Thanks Peter. Its a bit early for me to waste an actual persons time, as my only order went in less than 2 weeks ago! I was just inquisitive to know what the status would be at this early stage!

no problem. To be honest they are all really helpful and seem only too pleased to help. And you never know you may get a surprise!

Back