T6.1 new order delays

I did that...

I bought a T6.1 as a stop gap 16months ago....will probably end up keeping both as by the time the ordered one arrives we'll have 7kids and need nine seats in both cars..
Well subject to getting my retention certificate back from the DVLA to allow it to be registered on my private plate in theory I should get my new Shuttle next week on 9th November. That will be 701 days from order to delivery!

Hi
Been a T6 member for a few years but never posted before, great site full of useful info.
I sort of own a new T6.1, I say sort of as it hasn't arrived yet, here stands the tale. I ordered it a year ago from a well known and well respected VW camper converter, expecting to take delivery of it Easter this year. Unfortunately its a 4 Motion and as everyone on this site knows there have been probelms and delays at the factory. Currently I have status report build date of 'WK27 Estimated' We're nearly in WK33 and the official report sheet appears to be stuck on 'Week 27 Estimate' Neither the Converter, their VW vehicle supplier, or VW Head Office in Milton Keynes seem to know whats going on. I realise that the factory is just back from their 3 week shut down but VW should surley be getting back up to speed now with sorting out these build dates. I think all of the official converters are very frustrated with the situation, anyone else with 4 motions on order getting the run around?
I ordered a LWB 4motion 204 7DSG no bulkhead insulated ply/carpet lined swivel seats Diffs back on June 10th 2021. Yes, 29 months.
Today the dealer phoned(after ten months of radio silence) to say it will be shipped next week, ready in four weeks.
He’s now trying to introduce a price rise after repeatedly stating that my price was fixed.

I ordered a LWB 4motion 204 7DSG no bulkhead insulated ply/carpet lined swivel seats Diffs back on June 10th 2021. Yes, 29 months.
Today the dealer phoned(after ten months of radio silence) to say it will be shipped next week, ready in four weeks.
He’s now trying to introduce a price rise after repeatedly stating that my price was fixed.
Sadly, this sounds like a familiar story.

Be aware that, under the terms of the sale of contract, the dealer only has right to increase the price if have they provided you with notice of the rise and, importantly, with any contract that requires notification of an event, there is an implicit requirement for that notification to be timely (i.e. notification delayed by months or years does not constitute a valid notification). So, unless they are attempting to apply a very recent VW price increase, they are in breach of contract.

I ordered a LWB T32 4 motion 204 auto and ticked every box for extras, my order was placed in July 2021. I had recently started to believe that it would never be built. I have just been told it's gone to status 20 and due to go down the line next week 6/11/23. I ordered it through a reputable converter and they've said that an appeal has been made to vw regarding not applying a price increase. From.what I've read, I'm a little confused , who applies the increase, is it VW or the dealer? Does anyone know please? Also, how long should it take from start of manufacture to delivery in UK? Cheers
Sorry, I should have said, I'm not sure about my contractual situation with VW as I placed the order through the converter and paid my deposit to the converter. I do know that the order number on VW's system is in my name and not the converters. I don't remember signing anything though.

Last edited:
I ordered a LWB T32 4 motion 204 auto and ticked every box for extras, my order was placed in July 2021. I had recently started to believe that it would never be built. I have just been told it's gone to status 20 and due to go down the line next week 6/11/23. I ordered it through a reputable converter and they've said that an appeal has been made to vw regarding not applying a price increase. From.what I've read, I'm a little confused , who applies the increase, is it VW or the dealer? Does anyone know please? Also, how long should it take from start of manufacture to delivery in UK? Cheers
VW increase the RRP, but your contract is with the dealer and "the dealer has absolute discretion as to what price they sell the van for" (a quote from VWCV Customer Care and confirmed by legal advice that I sought). Trust me, I've been through this process and I'm currently pursuing the dealer, via The Motor Ombudsman, for breach of contract and a refund of the price increase.

EDIT: My van took about 12 weeks from build to delivery, though that was prolonged by arguments over the price increase. Should probably be nearer 10 weeks depending on how the delivery to Emden syncs with the shipping schedule.

Reactions: CAB
VW increase the RRP, but your contract is with the dealer and "the dealer has absolute discretion as to what price they sell the van for" (a quote from VWCV Customer Care and confirmed by legal advice that I sought). Trust me, I've been through this process and I'm currently pursuing the dealer, via The Motor Ombudsman, for breach of contract and a refund of the price increase.

EDIT: My van took about 12 weeks from build to delivery, though that was prolonged by arguments over the price increase. Should probably be nearer 10 weeks depending on how the delivery to Emden syncs with the shipping schedule.
Thank you! Good luck with the Ombudsman.

Reactions: Bav
Sadly, this sounds like a familiar story.

Be aware that, under the terms of the sale of contract, the dealer only has right to increase the price if have they provided you with notice of the rise and, importantly, with any contract that requires notification of an event, there is an implicit requirement for that notification to be timely (i.e. notification delayed by months or years does not constitute a valid notification). So, unless they are attempting to apply a very recent VW price increase, they are in breach of contract.
Having waited 2 years and 4 months for mine,I am happy to say I finally collected it last week,however the day before they rang me to say they required a copy of my orignal order,as they had cocked up the price,this is after the fi doc had been signed,balance sent the lot,they held there hands saying they had not factored in the latest price increase,and thought my van was built prior,I hit the roof,and told them what I thought,it didnt work,I had to pay it if I wanted the van,they had me over a barrel,the very day before collection ffs,no warning,nothing,about a 2k increase,they honoured my original discount rate,and also the fi rate of 2.9% apr,its been 10 days since collection,and not a single phone call from them..

Having waited 2 years and 4 months for mine,I am happy to say I finally collected it last week,however the day before they rang me to say they required a copy of my orignal order,as they had cocked up the price,this is after the fi doc had been signed,balance sent the lot,they held there hands saying they had not factored in the latest price increase,and thought my van was built prior,I hit the roof,and told them what I thought,it didnt work,I had to pay it if I wanted the van,they had me over a barrel,the very day before collection ffs,no warning,nothing,about a 2k increase,they honoured my original discount rate,and also the fi rate of 2.9% apr,its been 10 days since collection,and not a single phone call from them..
Which dealership?

Be aware that, just because you have paid the money and taken delivery of the van, you can still fight this and try to get the price increase refunded. If that's what you want to do and you'd like some advice on how to fight them, PM me.

Be aware that, just because you have paid the money and taken delivery of the van, you can still fight this and try to get the price increase refunded. If that's what you want to do and you'd like some advice on how to fight them, PM me.
for some reason I cant PM you BAV

Back