T6.1 new order delays

Last week (hopefully....!)

Might see it this side of Xmas - but probably not!
If only you'd placed your order with a manufacturer that had decades of experience of building vans. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still no update on my 4motion either ordered 28th June 2021 or 872 days ago and counting...

Had a phonecall at the beginning of october to saying they "might" be a price increase of around £7k since it avoided the other price increases as it was ordered before December 21' but this last one applies to all vans ordered regardless of the date.

Feels like it should be the other way around as i will have been waiting whats looking like atleast 2 years since their ETA of March 22. Don't see why it should be my problem thay they've not met the delivery date.

Still no update on my 4motion either ordered 28th June 2021 or 872 days ago and counting...

Had a phonecall at the beginning of october to saying they "might" be a price increase of around £7k since it avoided the other price increases as it was ordered before December 21' but this last one applies to all vans ordered regardless of the date.

Feels like it should be the other way around as i will have been waiting whats looking like atleast 2 years since their ETA of March 22. Don't see why it should be my problem thay they've not met the delivery date.
Blimey. My LWB 4Motion 204PS DSG van with most of the options ticked that was ordered on 18th June 2021 finally arrived in the UK in late June this year. There doesn't seem to be much logic as to when vans go down the line.

Sadly, this sounds like a familiar story.

Be aware that, under the terms of the sale of contract, the dealer only has right to increase the price if have they provided you with notice of the rise and, importantly, with any contract that requires notification of an event, there is an implicit requirement for that notification to be timely (i.e. notification delayed by months or years does not constitute a valid notification). So, unless they are attempting to apply a very recent VW price increase, they are in breach of contract.
Hello Bav,
They are saying a £4500 increase as the price lock ran out at the end of September. I have been given no timely notice.
I told him I wasn’t happy and he suggested we split the cost. I asked for where this is stated in the contract, he said the system is down(two days ago).
I verbally agreed to pay the £2100 just to get this over with. He’s sent a new order form that doesn’t exactly reflect what we’ve ageed.
I just can’t believe how shady this whole process has been.
Do you know if the latest cost increases are enforceable given we already have a signed and agreed contract.
Feels like extortion.

Hello Bav,
They are saying a £4500 increase as the price lock ran out at the end of September. I have been given no timely notice.
I told him I wasn’t happy and he suggested we split the cost. I asked for where this is stated in the contract, he said the system is down(two days ago).
I verbally agreed to pay the £2100 just to get this over with. He’s sent a new order form that doesn’t exactly reflect what we’ve ageed.
I just can’t believe how shady this whole process has been.
Do you know if the latest cost increases are enforceable given we already have a signed and agreed contract.
Feels like extortion.
I'll DM you.

I'll DM you.
Thanks for your input Bav.
Might anyone know when the last official price rise for the T6.1 Transporter was.
The dealer is claiming September ‘23 but I can’t seem to verify that information anywhere.

Thanks for your input Bav.
Might anyone know when the last official price rise for the T6.1 Transporter was.
The dealer is claiming September ‘23 but I can’t seem to verify that information anywhere.
I was told by JCB Kent it was the end of September.

Going to JCB Sittingbourne Weds for my 1st service. Vans on 4050 miles atm and it’s nearly a year old. Collected 2/12/22

Well just had a call out the blue to say my van is now built and is at the dealers !! Been a price increase of just over 2k, I was originally told the increase would have been 4k so I’ll just have to swallow that to get the van.

Ordered July 22. Kombi 204 4mo.

Well....not sure whether its still to early to 'count the chickens' but my long awaited T6.1 4Motion is at last with the converters, and, it's being worked on. It arrived in the UK just before Christmas. OK, Its not the one I ordered, God (VW) knows what happened to that, but at least its the same colour an 'almost' the same spec.

Back