T6.1 new order delays

Already eyeing up some wheels , spoiler and splitter!! Will try to avoid going to mad.:D
If you have a "Chief Accountant" to keep happy, then please don't forget the Forum -50% discount rule applied to all purchases. :thumbsup:
Some of my "Vw stuff" have been bought with a -75% discount rate applied. :cool:
Even with -50% / -75% discount given, some bought items are still believed to be "expensive" for what they are. :whistle:
As a very last resort, if you really must have/can't live without/have to buy now, then to ask for forgiveness is sometimes easier than to seek than permission. :p

Happy buying...

Hi all , been watching this space for a long time and can see vans are coming through slowly . My order went in late November 2022 and I was advised on 12 month lead time , 13 months later and I am still waiting. Van was ordered through Vanarama was wondering if there is anyone in the same position or if anyone has experience in ordering with this company .

VW transporter T32 150 LWB indium Grey tailgate , van is for work so opted for the startline with business pack , 17inch Devonports and only ticked extra is power folding mirrors .

I lease a ahemm a Ford Transit Custom via Vanarama. Excellent company with good coms and back up. Delays are still ongoing but I’m sure you’re in good hands.

That’s good to hear then . To be fair they have constantly updated with delivery dates which have changed from Aug 23 to September 23 then November 23 and now late April 2024 . Was worried this van will never turn up especially as 6.1 production be ending this year . Thanks for prompt replies , will just have to keep fingers crossed .

That’s good to hear then . To be fair they have constantly updated with delivery dates which have changed from Aug 23 to September 23 then November 23 and now late April 2024 . Was worried this van will never turn up especially as 6.1 production be ending this year . Thanks for prompt replies , will just have to keep fingers crossed .
That's whole lot more communication than I ever got during my 22 month wait.

Was worried this van will never turn up especially as 6.1 production be ending this year .
That’s a plus point !
All back orders need to be cleared so they can repurpose the production line, no orders have been taken for many months so any outstanding orders can’t be far from the front of the queue surely !!

Hi all , been watching this space for a long time and can see vans are coming through slowly . My order went in late November 2022 and I was advised on 12 month lead time , 13 months later and I am still waiting. Van was ordered through Vanarama was wondering if there is anyone in the same position or if anyone has experience in ordering with this company .

VW transporter T32 150 LWB indium Grey tailgate , van is for work so opted for the startline with business pack , 17inch Devonports and only ticked extra is power folding mirrors .
I ordered through Vanarama as well. As you say monthly updates are good but I wouldn’t read too much into them. I was told around 12 months and my estimated delivery date jumped all over the place during that time (up to 15-16 months at some points) and then it turned up after 13 months so only a month late.

They order through various vw dealers and were good enough to put me in contact with the main dealer handling the order. They were able to give me screenshots showing the status of the van at the factory but think I got lucky!

All good though from my experience

Enjoy your van when it arrives

I ordered through Vanarama as well. As you say monthly updates are good but I wouldn’t read too much into them. I was told around 12 months and my estimated delivery date jumped all over the place during that time (up to 15-16 months at some points) and then it turned up after 13 months so only a month late.

They order through various vw dealers and were good enough to put me in contact with the main dealer handling the order. They were able to give me screenshots showing the status of the van at the factory but think I got lucky!

All good though from my experience

Enjoy your van when it arrives
Good to know that , I did ask for the dealership details and they told me it was VW Greenhous in Bilston .

Been really useful reading through all the comments. We ordered a vw westfalia with a T6 body via a uk dealer in July 21 and still have no van. Have been told that the hold up is VW. We were told it would be build ready end of Feb but have not heard anything so feeling that is unlikely!!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Been really useful reading through all the comments. We ordered a vw westfalia with a T6 body via a uk dealer in July 21 and still have no van. Have been told that the hold up is VW. We were told it would be build ready end of Feb but have not heard anything so feeling that is unlikely!!
Have you had a confirmed build date (build status 20)? If so, you can be reasonably confident that the date won't move.

No confirmed date! Our build date on our contract was oct 22
Yeah, that date means nothing TBH.

As your van progresses through VW's planning, build and delivery process, they update the build status. From memory, status 10 means "Provisional build date assigned", but such dates are subject to significant movement - usually backwards, but not always; status 20 means "Confirmed build date assigned" and these build dates don't usually move once assigned.

Speak to your dealer and ask them what your build status is. IIRC, if it's greater than 20 It means it's already been built and is in the delivery phase (status 30 = "in transit" I think).

Last edited:
Full list of codes...
Status codes

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to dealer