T6.1 new order delays

I had a call from my dealer on 2nd November to say that my T6.1 was arriving the following week and I had it delivered on 18th November. Looking at the paperwork it had its final check in 12th October. Not bad considering I ordered it in June and they said February delivery. It was a std Highline DSG but I had a single passenger seat and tailgate.

Just had an update from my dealer, confirmed build week of 2nd week of January with the van expected at the dealer early February.
Ordered through AutoeBid, dealer is JCB van centre Ashford.
Only ordered beginning of September so was very surprised as is the dealer.
Ordered a 150 Highline Kombi in pure grey with DSG, heated and swivel seats, 2+1 rear seats, LED headlights and taillights, Towbar, 80 litre fuel tank, high beam assist and heated washers.
I’ll still believe it when I see it after some of the wait times people are having 5 months seems very unusual.

Just had an update from my dealer, confirmed build week of 2nd week of January with the van expected at the dealer early February.
Ordered a 150 Highline Kombi in pure grey with DSG, heated and swivel seats, 2+1 rear seats, LED headlights and taillights, Towbar, 80 litre fuel tank, high beam assist and heated washers.
I’ll still believe it when I see it after some of the wait times people are having 5 months seems very unusual.
Similar build spec to mine …. Not heard anything from dealer other than it went into build mid November ,hoping it could arrive next week Fingers crossed for you .. think the factory will close over Christmas

That's great :thumbsup:, though an early Feb delivery seems a little optimistic tbh.

For reference, my build week was 7 Nov and there's no sign of it having been shipped yet. I also ordered (via Autoebid) with JCB Ashford and they told me "...very broadly, a week to build, 4 weeks to ship, a week or two to get to us from port, a week or so for PDI, and then we can organise delivery".

Anyhow, don't let me take the shine off your good news. :)

That's great :thumbsup:, though an early Feb delivery seems a little optimistic tbh.

For reference, my build week was 7 Nov and there's no sign of it having been shipped yet. I also ordered (via Autoebid) with JCB Ashford and they told me "...very broadly, a week to build, 4 weeks to ship, a week or two to get to us from port, a week or so for PDI, and then we can organise delivery".

Anyhow, don't let me take the shine off your good news. :)
I’m not too worried when it comes to be honest as the original expected delivery date was September but with all the delivery delays I’ve read on here I was expecting 2024.
Be nice if it came before the VW price increase which from reading on here is normally March?

I’m not too worried when it comes to be honest as the original expected delivery date was September but with all the delivery delays I’ve read on here I was expecting 2024.
Be nice if it came before the VW price increase which from reading on here is normally March?
Have VW not reinstated the price guarantee?

I placed an order for a camper based on a Pure Grey LWB Highline T32 Panel van 204 PS DSG 4Motion (with most of the option boxes ticked) from a VW registered campervan converter in mid-June 2021. I did consider cancelling back in August but I eventually decided to sit it out a bit longer as there seemed to be a few more orders going down the production lines.

Having checked again with the converter a few days back, according to VW my van still languishes at Order Status code 10, with the estimated production still showing Factory ordered with production week scheduled as #17 (last week of April 2023) - no change from the previous month. The now familiar "We'll let you know if we hear anything" was the parting comment from the converter. "Check again in the New Year." I was tempted to ask which one.

I'm losing the will to live waiting for this ruddy camper. And gawd knows how much the final price will have increased by the time it shows up, if it ever does.

I have just had confirmation from my dealer, Eurovans Crawley (JCB), that my van is still scheduled for end of March 2023. Ordered on 5th August.
T30 LWB 150 Highline DSG Tailgate, Heated Swivel Seats, LEDs Towbar, Trailer/Park assist, climate control, media pro, 80Ltr Fuel, Power latching side door.

Just chased my dealer, who has confirmed that my van is now built and is "...in the process of being shipped to the UK". Says he expects handover in January - 20 months since placing my order (a mere twinkling in cosmic timeline).

Can't think that anyone will be interested in the options I selected, but there were a few, including an 80L tank (which someone on here tried to persuade me would be "a problem" due to how expensive it would be to fill up given current fuel prices - I tried pointing out I'd get an extra 10L for my money, or that I could choose to put less fuel in, but he was adamant it was a problem that wouldn't have arisen with a 70L tank... bless :rolleyes:)

So is anyone here waiting on a T6.1 to go through their business? In at my accountants yesterday didn't realise the super deduction end 31 March 2023.... Is it possible to 'backdate' if it falls out of your accounting year? Guessing as long as accounts not filed can be done...perhaps? Same for Computer and IT equipment as well...

Back