T6.1 new order delays

My van has arrived at the dealer!! :mexican wave:

Now just a matter of paying... including the extra £2.3k VW have kindly added to the order price!! :(
They have added how much on . That’s not on , surly not . I am now dreading mine arriving . From previous posts I know you have a lot of extras but that’s shocking

They have added how much on . That’s not on , surly not . I am now dreading mine arriving . From previous posts I know you have a lot of extras but that’s shocking
Yeah - certainly took the edge of what should have been exciting news. :unsure:

I am quite sure you have questioned the extra money ? What was your dealers reaction , was there any room for negotiation on it
It's ongoing mate.

Currently, they're using woolly phrases like "a price increase has been applied", so I've asked the dealer to be explicit as to who has applied the price increase, them or VW - that way, at least I know who to have the conversation with. I've also asked them to point out where in the documentation it says they have the contractual right to increase the agreed price. I've re-read all the docs they've ever sent me and I can find no mention of it.

To maintain a written record of their responses, the above conversation is being conducted by email - so not the quickest turnaround for answers.

It’s not VW that adds the price but your dealer.
My dealer told me that. I ordered 28/06/21 and collected 2/12/22. No price increase at all. Dealers have targets to achieve not VW
Interesting - I asked my dealer directly who was responsible for the price increase, them or VW, and he said (in writing) that it was VW.

I also asked him where in the contract it stated they had the right to vary the order price, but he conveniently ignored that question.

I will be contacting VWCV tomorrow, despite there being sod-all chance they'll reduce or remove the price increase (according to my dealer). The least I can do is ask the question and then let them know how I feel if they refuse.

Interesting - I asked my dealer directly who was responsible for the price increase, them or VW, and he said (in writing) that it was VW.

I also asked him where in the contract it stated they had the right to vary the order price, but he conveniently ignored that question.

I will be contacting VWCV tomorrow, despite there being sod-all chance they'll reduce or remove the price increase (according to my dealer). The least I can do is ask the question and then let them know how I feel if they refuse.
They will blame each other for the price increase… just think of the money you’ve saved waiting 2 years for it

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
If only! I've spent that 2 years on this forum, making a list if the things that I need to do to the van (things I didn't even know were things previously!) :rofl:
Hi Bav,
Would you be so kind as to share the 'things you didn't know were things' that I might need to do to my van if it ever turns up.
I ordered a Transporter 6.1 LWB 4motion/diff/swivel seats/no bulk head etc. back on the 10th June 2021, still no sign of it. In June 2022 the dealer asked if I would stop calling him(only once every six weeks or so) and he'd call me if he heard anything. after six months of radio silence I called him last week. No change.
So many plans on hold.

Really? What a devious b@stard! :mad:
Not been on here a while but if van is at dealer they want paying for it, can't sell it on etc as its yours. Let them sweat a while and see how price increases conversation goes then. You waited so long and new reg is out soon....
Good luck.

Not been on here a while but if van is at dealer they want paying for it, can't sell it on etc as its yours. Let them sweat a while and see how price increases conversation goes then. You waited so long and new reg is out soon....
Good luck.
They probably have this covered in the agreement signed on ordering. Lookers certainly did, basically you have 14 days to make payment. I was lucky and had no price increase. Basically you can try and negotiate within a certain timeframe, cancel or except the increase. I think the dealer holds the upper hand in the present climate.

They probably have this covered in the agreement signed on ordering. Lookers certainly did, basically you have 14 days to make payment. I was lucky and had no price increase. Basically you can try and negotiate within a certain timeframe, cancel or except the increase. I think the dealer holds the upper hand in the present climate.
Agreed but dealers have stock now, look on autotrader some have £6k off. On wbac ours is worth £7k less than new in Sept...

Hi Bav,
Would you be so kind as to share the 'things you didn't know were things' that I might need to do to my van if it ever turns up.
I ordered a Transporter 6.1 LWB 4motion/diff/swivel seats/no bulk head etc. back on the 10th June 2021, still no sign of it. In June 2022 the dealer asked if I would stop calling him(only once every six weeks or so) and he'd call me if he heard anything. after six months of radio silence I called him last week. No change.
So many plans on hold.
Of course, learning about things you didn't know were things is very dependent on what you knew in the first place, which in my case was very little!

Here's a few of my things...

T6F stickers ;), rubber door/dash seals, exterior-mirror control buttons with VW badging, VW puddle-lights, upgraded horns, LED footwell lighting kits, Autohaus plate surrounds, pressed metal reg plates, coloured VW badges, coloured grill tashes, gloss-black grills, SpareSafe spare-wheel locks, sound-deadened scuttle panels, Hunter 4-wheel alignment, "big brakes", painted dash trims, paddle-shift steering wheels and probably many, many other things that I've forgotten I'd discovered.

Spoke to my dealer today, my sportline is in the uk and apparently at the converters getting all the bits done so he reckons 4-5 weeks until it’s back with him. I told him I would like to get the van registered and collect after in march so I can get it on the new reg. he was cool with that and said my price has been protected from when I ordered in June 21 so there won’t be any price increase for me.

Spoke to my dealer today, my sportline is in the uk and apparently at the converters getting all the bits done so he reckons 4-5 weeks until it’s back with him. I told him I would like to get the van registered and collect after in march so I can get it on the new reg. he was cool with that and said my price has been protected from when I ordered in June 21 so there won’t be any price increase for me.
Who did you order with, mines getting done now aswell and they haven’t meyany price increase.

Went to my local dealer yesterday and he wouldn't even let me place an order.
Said VW have closed their books on 4-motion orders until further notice. He reckons it'll be an 18 month wait after they start taking orders which is not likely until the summer
you have to be patient in this game don't you?
still I have a lovely spec sheet to look at!

• Sad
Back