T6.1 new order delays

So without trawling through the hundreds of posts, what wait times are we currently looking at if you ordered today. I ordered mine in Jan 21 and received it 53 weeks to the day, Jan 22.
According to my dealer , if your order has additional options and is not bog standard, then it’s a minimum of 12 months and that’s being Optimistic.(his words)

According to my dealer , if your order has additional options and is not bog standard, then it’s a minimum of 12 months and that’s being Optimistic.(his words)
Crikey, not much of a change then from when I ordered.

A mate of mine in France came over here in his new T7 hybrid last month, very nice I have to say. He's got two ( he runs a airport shuttle business in the alps) and he told me the order time was 16 wks for him. He has about a dozen or so of such vehicles, so maybe he gets preferential treatment, but he was surprised by my tale of 53 wks delivery.

I’m convinced I’ve done something very bad I a previous life and now paying the price .. oh hum where’s my shotgun ! .. I’m happy for @Bav finally getting all the nuts a bolts put together finally

Reactions: Bav
I’m convinced I’ve done something very bad I a previous life and now paying the price .. oh hum where’s my shotgun ! .. I’m happy for @Bav finally getting all the nuts a bolts put together finally
Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

On top of all the build delay crap, I guess you've also got to contend with ludicrously long shipping times. What's the latest ETA you have and do you have any confidence in it?

I saw my dealer yesterday and I have no confidence in anything he tells me ..told me it’s still on track for May .. (next breath) hang on July .. a month ago it was February

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
I saw my dealer yesterday and I have no confidence in anything he tells me ..told me it’s still on track for May .. (next breath) hang on July .. a month ago it was February
Dealers are the same the world over. Just wish they'd be honest and say "we have haven't got a clue" - coz that, IMO, is the reality.

Mines on the emden to sheerness ship travelling now . Link here, looks like they are about 3 times a month.

To give some idea mine was built w/c 17th Oct so about two and a half weeks from build week until it’s on the ship. Vw are expecting it w/c 21st nov

Dealers are the same the world over. Just wish they'd be honest and say "we have haven't got a clue" - coz that, IMO, is the reality.
I agree, until it hits status 20 I really don’t think they know. Mine jumped all over the place with estimated dates from October this year to March next year

Just had the email to say my van is built and awaiting shipping from Germany
Only 54 weeks

My black edition is still on order but just managed to get a cancellation on a pure grey sportline so getting that one in two weeks and will sell the black edition when it’s built

Mines on the emden to sheerness ship travelling now . Link here, looks like they are about 3 times a month.

To give some idea mine was built w/c 17th Oct so about two and a half weeks from build week until it’s on the ship. Vw are expecting it w/c 21st nov
The link doesn't seem to work.

Back