T6.1 new order delays

I asked my dealer for a build date back in September, he said it had a build week 45 (30th October) .. now the dilemma is do I contact him and ask for an update and possibly be disappointed that it’s been put back or leave it another month to get an answer?

A great way to extend the waiting pain :D
Hoping this will work out well for me. If I get my converted van at the end of Feb, this leaves March & April to get other stuff done (PPF, ceramic coating, wheels, suspension, etc), before the camping season starts in earnest in May.

Just received an email from my dealer - I have a confirmed build of week 45 (w/c 7 Nov). Based on the above 3 weeks for a kombi build, that would make it 18 months exactly from order to end of build - a long old wait.

Anyone care to offer their thoughts on the likely timeline from end of build to delivery to me?
Mine left factory and was with me in just under a month. Mt fingers are crossed for you!

Things looking good for quite a few now , congratulations to all with the good news .

Last contact I had with dealer they said they had been informed that orders made around the time I order should be built before 2023 . July 21 ordered and provisional week 48 . That was last update at the start of September

Things looking good for quite a few now , congratulations to all with the good news .

Last contact I had with dealer they said they had been informed that orders made around the time I order should be built before 2023 . July 21 ordered and provisional week 48 . That was last update at the start of September
That's the provisional week I had until I got my confirmed week 45. Hopefully yours will be the same. :thumbsup:

Hang on in there guys. Your buses will be built. They are coming through thick and fast now. My Sportline must be in the uk now and at MSRT getting the Sportline bits added. Was told 5 weeks but am expecting it in 10. 16 months this Friday. Good luck all!!

Given I now have a confirmed build week, I've just enquired what service plans, extended warranties or maintenance packages are available to take out at purchase, only to be told there are none available currently!? I find it hard to believe VW have stopped flogging such things - what do others think?

Mine was confirmed build week 42 which i think was w/c 17th Oct. Been informed it's built and on its way to the port. Dealer advised I should have it mid November.

150 Kombi SWB Highline T32 manual

Looking at the status it shows that they have now changed to MY23 but not sure if there's any difference to MY22. I did have a look to see if I could work out when the ships were due to depart (mines going into Sheerness) but gave up.

Good to see some of the guys that have been waiting a while finally getting confirmed dates.

Given I now have a confirmed build week, I've just enquired what service plans, extended warranties or maintenance packages are available to take out at purchase, only to be told there are none available currently!? I find it hard to believe VW have stopped flogging such things - what do others think?
At the time of ordering I opting in for the service plan so that’s me covered for the next three years. Not heard that they’ve stopped extended warranty’s etc. I’ll ask my dealer.

Reactions: Bav
I agree with VIoletVW. You’ve waited this long, what’s a few more months. If the next iteration of the T6.1 is going to be a joint effort between Ford & VW, I know which I’d rather have.
My wait time was 18 months from order to delivery, it sucks, but hang in there.
It's going to be called the TTT I've heard,Turkey Transit Transporter

Maybe because they are flogging the All-In plan?

Vw Australia dropped the price of the care plan by almost 1k 6 months ago to butter arses caused from the delay issues ,I’m not altering anything from my contract with it included even if I pay more for it at (unknow) delivery time

OK so I know this isn't a popular subject but has anyone who is due build or due to receive there van had any info regarding price increases , seems some pay extra some don't .

Spoke to dealer today and has told me they are expecting news in the next week or so regarding build date for mine . Still un confirmed for week 48

Back