T6.1 new order delays

Good morning.

I work at a main dealer and have a number of Transporters that have just arrived, panel vans and Kombis, all ready to be sold.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can provide more details.

Thanks

Craig

I've just had an email from VW asking me to download the We Connect app.
Was this a generic send to all email that a few others on here have received? Or does it mean the unthinkable and things are happening in the background that means that I might end up receiving an actual van at some point?

For the record, I'm assuming generic and not getting giddy. Just curious that's all
That's the 1st targeted looking email I've had other than the sorry for the delays etc etc emails we've all been getting.

Was this a generic send to all email that a few others on here have received? Or does it mean the unthinkable and things are happening in the background that means that I might end up receiving an actual van at some point?

For the record, I'm assuming generic and not getting giddy. Just curious that's all
That's the 1st targeted looking email I've had other than the sorry for the delays etc etc emails we've all been getting.
I have a new van due in days, not had an email or message.

Mines in build since 31st October….(2022) not had that email

I've just had a 2nd email with this an hour after the 1st.

Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your Transporter to your exact specifications.

I'll ring the dealer and ask them what they can see at their end

So if you get an email asking you to download an app it's good news.
Mines still at the factory but its built and just waiting in the queue.
Ordered mid March this year but was told 12-18 months so happy with that compared to some of the wait times on here. The dealer reckons it will be end of Dec or early Jan by the time its ready to be picked up.

So if you get an email asking you to download an app it's good news.
Mines still at the factory but its built and just waiting in the queue.
Ordered mid March this year but was told 12-18 months so happy with that compared to some of the wait times on here. The dealer reckons it will be end of Dec or early Jan by the time its ready to be picked up.
That’s great news…mines due December but the dealer has said it would depend on when the factory closes down for Christmas….anyone got any idea when they close down and open back up?

Ordered my new van from my Converter’s list of pre-ordered vans mid September. At the time they had loads on order but, as per this thread, build dates and deliveries had been moving all over the place. The van I selected was down as a week 47 build (no factory options Highline SWB 110 Ravenna Blue van) and was expected to arrive at the Converter‘s around Christmas time, although no promises. I was expecting it to be later.
Had a call yesterday to say it had arrived with them. Very pleased; it wont be converted just yet as being scheduled in so it gets converted and registered in March, which was our provisionally agreed date for delivery, so it will be a 23 reg and ready for the new camping season.

I ordered a new T30 SWB back in May and was told delivery would be Feb 23. Was a factory order. However, had call from dealer to say arriving 14/11/22 and I can have it 1/12/22. Looking forward to it and now the old girl will be up for sale!

Got the email from VW with the link to download the We Connect app.
Same day I signed for the van which is at the dealers. Can’t finish setting it up as need the vin number which I forgot to get when I inspected the van doh!

Hi

I ordered my SWB 204 with DSG back in late April this year was told it would be 12 month but had a call 4 weeks ago from the dealer saying it was shipped just waiting for it to land so any time now. How long does it take to ship it from the factory ? and where is it built ?

Thanks Tony

I ordered a campervan through a converter last June (2021) based on a LWB 204PS DSG 4Motion Highline Transporter with lots of option boxes ticked. The estimated delivery dates came and went moving from December last year right the way through this year. With no sign of a confirmed build date I discussed cancelling the order however, in the end I decided to stick with it and the converter kept the order on their books and promised to let me know once a build date was confirmed by VW. Having heard nothing since early October, I spoke to the converter today who said that the VW order status still remains at 10 and the estimated build date has once again been moved forward, this time to Week 17 (late April 2023). If that happens it’ll be two years from placing the order to picking up the finished campervan. At this rate it’ll be the last T6.1 Transporter that ever gets built in Hanover.

I ordered a campervan through a converter last June (2021) based on a LWB 204PS DSG 4Motion Highline Transporter with lots of option boxes ticked. The estimated delivery dates came and went moving from December last year right the way through this year. With no sign of a confirmed build date I discussed cancelling the order however, in the end I decided to stick with it and the converter kept the order on their books and promised to let me know once a build date was confirmed by VW. Having heard nothing since early October, I spoke to the converter today who said that the VW order status still remains at 10 and the estimated build date has once again been moved forward, this time to Week 17 (late April 2023). If that happens it’ll be two years from placing the order to picking up the finished campervan. At this rate it’ll be the last T6.1 Transporter that ever gets built in Hanover.
They say there's always someone worse off than yourself, but I think you might be the exception that proves the rule :(

Back