T6.1 new order delays

Hi all. I ordered my kombi in June 21 and just had confirmed build date! At last. Week 8. A bit gutted I didn’t add swivel seats on the front as I had been thinking about it but it’s too late now *♂️. Anyone had experience of the factory swivels. Have I missed out? It’s only a kombi just thought it would be handy.
Just fit them once the van arrives if you still want them. As long as you get the options you want that aren’t reasonably retrofittable there’s no regrets.

Not long now then!

I have been thinking similar (not swivel thought) thoughts but think I would like double passenger seat in the front . I haven't got a build date yet does anyone know if its possible to change it ?

@Monty1987 My dealer told me I could change the order, without jeopardising my place in the queue, up until the point that a build week was allocated. Changing my order beyond that point would result in me being put to the back of the queue. However - and this was the killer for me - as soon as the order is changed, price protection is removed (effectively you pay the list price as at the point of amendment (minus any previously-agreed dealer discount)).

Hi @Bav thanks for the info , could have went to the dealer but good hearing anyone else point of view . The double passenger seats do come on eBay and a few people have them on here but from what I read or understand the fuel tank and various other parts need to come out to install them.

Its a want not a need and don't want to be paying anymore but might be no harm in sending a request and seeing .

Thanks just now

Am still hoping to get a random phone call saying its in the UK but we can only dream . Only order start of August so still got a while to go would recon

Hi. Been waiting since 28 th Feb, told between Christmas and New Year it would be week 5.
Now told its moved to week 13 and will be subject of small price increase!

and will be subject of small price increase!
That's your punishment for having the temerity to order something that VW can't deliver within a reasonable timescale. :confused:

Last edited:
Hi
Volkswagen TRANSPORTER-LCV TRANSPORTER T32 SWB DIESEL - 2020. ( I don't think so!!!!)
2.0 BiTDI 204 Highline Kombi Van 4MOTION DSG - 2021
204 4 motion twin electric sliders and tailgate and ;

rear heater
Led Headlights
Heated seats
Navigation
Direct tyre monitoring second battery
2+1 rear seats
80L Fuel tank
Park assist
cab carpet
Electric Tailgate
Power doors twin
heated washers
Camera
Tailgate with heated rear window
Solid paint pure grey
Rear combination lamps
Single front passenger seat
Front and rear parking sensors
Battery without capacity specification, additional
Front sliding window and rear closed left side panel in load/passenger compartment
Rubber floor covering in cab
Electronically controlled air conditioning system Tyre pressure loss indicator. cheers

Hi
Volkswagen TRANSPORTER-LCV TRANSPORTER T32 SWB DIESEL - 2020. ( I don't think so!!!!)
2.0 BiTDI 204 Highline Kombi Van 4MOTION DSG - 2021
204 4 motion twin electric sliders and tailgate and ;

rear heater
Led Headlights
Heated seats
Navigation
Direct tyre monitoring second battery
2+1 rear seats
80L Fuel tank
Park assist
cab carpet
Electric Tailgate
Power doors twin
heated washers
Camera
Tailgate with heated rear window
Solid paint pure grey
Rear combination lamps
Single front passenger seat
Front and rear parking sensors
Battery without capacity specification, additional
Front sliding window and rear closed left side panel in load/passenger compartment
Rubber floor covering in cab
Electronically controlled air conditioning system Tyre pressure loss indicator. cheers
@topjohnny nice spec! Build weeks are all over the place! Seems to be very random how they are selected! Hope all of you without a date get one soon!

@Monty1987 My dealer told me I could change the order, without jeopardising my place in the queue, up until the point that a build week was allocated. Changing my order beyond that point would result in me being put to the back of the queue. However - and this was the killer for me - as soon as the order is changed, price protection is removed (effectively you pay the list price as at the point of amendment (minus any previously-agreed dealer discount)).
This is exactly what happened to me!

My initial spec had all the bells and whistles, including the electric tailgate option.
Initially I just thought 'hey why not? Might as well have everything' so the electric tailgate was added.

Then I did more research and concluded it was probably a pretty bad idea to include it (I plan to do a full conversion so there would have been issues with weight limitations from the get go) plus one of my neighbours has an electric tailgate and it's the one thing he massively regrets.

Anyway I went to remove it and you're absolutely right, the dealer said I wouldn't loose my place in the queue but I'd loose the price protection.

I wanted to swap the electric tailgate for a power latching tailgate - this usually would have saved me money, but with the loss of the price protection the 'downgrade' was going to actually cost me MORE money.

I weighed up the options and in the end I went for it, cost increase and all.
It was a bitter pill to swallow as I'm effectively paying more for less, but at least now I'm getting exactly what I want which is the main thing.

The small liver lining for me at least is that when the March Price Hike does come into effect, it won't seem like too much of a jump for me because I've already swallowed nasty hit.

Small mercies!

Good news for anyone worried about the cliff edge of depreciation. Just ordered a DSG Kombi and delivery predicted March 2023. 14 months to go. Fine for us as don’t want it till the end of 2022 anyway.
With lead times that long I think used prices will stay high for a couple years yet.
Vw no longer honor the price quoted so was told to expect whatever inflation runs at plus 2%
I was a little worried about price increases so I insisted my dealer to give me a fixed price contract and I have it in place , one less thing to worry about , I also don’t mind if it comes early 2023

I was a little worried about price increases so I insisted my dealer to give me a fixed price contract and I have it in place , one less thing to worry about , I also don’t mind if it comes early 2023
So, you're saying that your dealer offered you a contract with Ts & Cs that differ from those in a standard VW UK contract? Never heard of that before.

I plan to do a full conversion so there would have been issues with weight limitations from the get go) plus one of my neighbours has an electric tailgate and it's the one thing he massively regrets.
Re an electric tailgate - what are the "issues with weight limitations" and why does your neighbour regret having one?

I wanted to swap the electric tailgate for a power latching tailgate - this usually would have saved me money, but with the loss of the price protection the 'downgrade' was going to actually cost me MORE money.
Ouch! That's gotta rankle.

I'm effectively paying more for less, but at least now I'm getting exactly what I want which is the main thing.
I guess there is this to consider... Had you not made the change and had your van been delivered after the end of March, the price increase would have kicked-in anyway and you'd have been paying EVEN MORE for a tailgate option you didn't even want.

Back