T6.1 new order delays

I’m in Australia , they have tightened up consumer laws here a lot to stop company just been stupid greedy
Ahh, you're in Oz - sorry, I hadn't twigged. That would explain why you're not constrained by UK contracts ;)

So, did you have to pay a premium for a fixed-price contract?

So, you're saying that your dealer offered you a contract with Ts & Cs that differ from those in a standard VW UK contract? Never heard of that before.
Why?

There’s plenty lies/stupidity on this forum. You don’t have to go back too far when many were incorrect about VW’s ability to alter pricing…..
Ahh, you're in Oz - sorry, I hadn't twigged. That would explain why you're not constrained by UK contracts ;)

So, did you have to pay a premium for a fixed-price contract?
No not that I’m aware, unless you want to start converting pound for Aus dollar off the price lists

I had some good news this week, my van ordered in May is built and ready to ship so should be about 4ish weeks, I’d asked for it in March to coincide with lease expiry on current car so I’m over the moon. Straight into Exploria for pop top, lining etc then hopefully home for mid to end of March, can’t bloody wait!!!!

I had some good news this week, my van ordered in May is built and ready to ship so should be about 4ish weeks, I’d asked for it in March to coincide with lease expiry on current car so I’m over the moon. Straight into Exploria for pop top, lining etc then hopefully home for mid to end of March, can’t bloody wait!!!!
My supplier said the same but it turned up at dealer after 2 1/2 weeks. You may be lucky too!

Ordered the new van that was due on or before the 1st of September , now been told it’s been put back to an ETA of the 1st of October.
Apparently it’s built but because of the back log due to COVID it’s stuck in Germany apparently.
Anyone else having problems with delivery and ETA of their vans ?
I sold my T5 on Friday to a good friend who’s now in Weymouth on his Holidays, only found out on the Thursday of the new ETA of the T6.1.View attachment 81780
hi took 18 months to start to finish lost all last summer
cheers
pete

Had an update email from the dealers today, stating my order has gone to status-36, after being stuck at status-20 since the 10th Jan, getting excited now..

I haven't asked what that means in terms of time to seeing it land at the dealers ?
if it's before the 1st March might be worth asking them to delay registering it for a 22plate prefix..

This brings hope to everyone else on here wondering if they've just been lost in the system or forgotten as that's how I was starting to feel !

Had an update email from the dealers today, stating my order has gone to status-36, after being stuck at status-20 since the 10th Jan, getting excited now..

I haven't asked what that means in terms of time to seeing it land at the dealers ?
if it's before the 1st March might be worth asking them to delay registering it for a 22plate prefix..

This brings hope to everyone else on here wondering if they've just been lost in the system or forgotten as that's how I was starting to feel !
What's status 36 and when did you order?

Oo! Oo! Mr Peevly... Mr Peevly - that's only 4 days before my order.

It's the hope that kills ya :thumbsdown:
Lol.. Just four days difference you should be in for some good news very soon.
Not sure what the timescale is from exit port to the stealers, maybe someone else on here can enlighten me?

Not sure what the timescale is from exit port to the stealers, maybe someone else on here can enlighten me?
Cheers for the pep-talk mate :thumbsup:

So my LWB 150ps, DSG is buing built this week. I placed order in July'21, but it turned out I took a place in the queue that my dealer has already booked in April '21. This is a timeline I got from him. It is in polish but You can googletranslate it :)

timeline.png

All good things come to those who wait...placed my order in early aug T32 dsg with a lot of extras,was told not to expect it till june (10 months) ,got a call yesterday saying it should be at the dealers in 4 weeks....
Oh there is hope . I ordered around the same time just waiting on the call you got you just never know with this system . You must be higher than a pilots piece-box

Had an e-mail from my dealer this week to say......still no news! No build week. No nothing! It will be a year next month since ordering! :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: mjn
Just spoken to my dealer (JCB VW Van Centre, Ashford, Kent).

The status of my order is still "00" after 8.5 months of waiting. I think that's equates to VW saying "Order? What order?"

When I asked if a March delivery was still feasible (the guesstimate he gave me only 7 weeks earlier) he just laughed. I was not impressed by that reaction, and even less impressed to hear "March - no chance; April - probably not; May - possibly" :thumbsdown:

After chasing my dealer once again he has confirmed today the same as above, ordered in April and expected December 21 which came and went, then told March 22 which isn't going to happen now either and he's said I'm more likely to get the vehicle around May.. 13 months in totally if it arrives!!

After chasing my dealer once again he has confirmed today the same as above, ordered in April and expected December 21 which came and went, then told March 22 which isn't going to happen now either and he's said I'm more likely to get the vehicle around May.. 13 months in totally if it arrives!!
Makes me wonder if the bigger the dealership the more clout they have !

Back