T6.1 new order delays

Lovely. I'm not bothered about 21 plate, just want the van
just had an email today, my week 51 build has been changed to week 49 build!?
If things do pan out and I receive it late January, it's then a toss of a coin whether I ask them to keep it until March 1st or just take it.
I haven't confirmed with the camper conversion company yet so will probably have to await that, can't decide whether to leave the double front seat (I've ordered heated) and get a Vankraft kit to make it more comfortable or get it changed for a single. Either way it'll get a swivel. decisions decisions!
I'm not relishing in the thought of driving a panel van with no bulkhead, although I've never owned a van so it may be good to get used to it for a while.
Knowing my luck it'll be delayed by two months!
i
Id defo wait till March 1st

Hi and Good Afternoon, thought I'd share my email with you lot as im totally gutted waiting, Exploria then want the van for another 12 week for my custon updates

Hi Gary,

The status of our vehicles are up and down and the moment and we are trying to get someone to clarify what is happening?

Your vehicle is now showing scheduled for build late January which would mean a delivery to Exploria late February?

The information we are receiving from brand is very vague but I will keep you posted weekly on the status of your vehicle.

Again, I can only apologise for the lack of information we are receiving?

Hi All,
I have ordered a T6.1 a couple of weeks ago but still don't have a build date? it says expected delivery end of Feb on the paperwork is this guessing or can I expect it then?

PS I asked the dealer to hold until March 1st but with Brexit and Covid i'm worried it won't arrive until VWs price promise ends.

Thanks Steve.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have ordered a T6.1 a couple of weeks ago but still don't have a build date? it says expected delivery end of Feb on the paperwork is this guessing or can I expect it then?

PS I asked the dealer to hold until March 1st but with Brexit and Covid i'm worried it won't arrive until VWs price promise ends.

Thanks Steve.
Hi Steve,
I do hope you get it then as I ordered mine in July, my build date 49 has come and gone, now got one for January to see it in February, so fingers crossed eh

Just thought I’d web chat VW to check on the brexit issue affecting my order. Last week they told me it was provisionally 31 March. This week ... provisionally pushed forward to mid - January.

Might be worth anyone waiting checking again.

Excellent, love to know what you ordered. Might be here for Christmas.

HI
Ordered T32 LWB 199 highline kombi 4 motion back in March meant to be build week 44 been told today that theirs some kind of delay with 199 vans but should expect delivery before Christmas . lets wait and see !!!!!!!!!

HI
Ordered T32 LWB 199 highline kombi 4 motion back in March meant to be build week 44 been told today that theirs some kind of delay with 199 vans but should expect delivery before Christmas . lets wait and see !!!!!!!!!
Thats worrying, mines a 199, not 4 motion though lwb T32. Think we will end up going and building our own soon!

Looks like they are coming through fast this was the update on my week 48 build today.

I checked the order and can see that your new T32 Kombi Highline is currently at the exit port in Emden. The vehicle has been released, we're now waiting for a ship to be assigned.

Maybe a chance of getting before christmas, fingers crossed!

I was considering ordering a Kombi this week but VW have said if there is a hard Brexshit ( and it's looking that way ) they can't honour the price. The tariffs on commercial vehicles could be anything up to 22%, so I'm thinking no and holding off indefinitely. Right, I'm popping out to buy a few months worth of tinned goods, ( as a friend who's high up in Asda has suggested!)

• Wow
Reactions: Jlo
I was considering ordering a Kombi this week but VW have said if there is a hard Brexshit ( and it's looking that way ) they can't honour the price. The tariffs on commercial vehicles could be anything up to 22%, so I'm thinking no and holding off indefinitely. Right, I'm popping out to buy a few months worth of tinned goods, ( as a friend who's high up in Asda has suggested!)
If that’s the case buy 3 used vans instead, it would follow that the price of used vehicles will track the price of new.

Back