T6.1 new order delays

My van has arrived at the dealers!!

It got there on the 20th, but I only got the email late last night and didn't see it unitl today. And I've not had chance to phone them!

Hopefully speak to them tomorrow and if I'm lucky I should have it in a few days!!

Nice one! You must be buzzing!

By March 2021 all people carrier 199s will be 204 due to the tightening emissions regulations. Ie Caravelle and shuttle. Vans need to do this change by September 2021. However it seems that they are changing the vans now as well. The first build week for the new engine is week 7, which means we will seethe first vehicles into dealers mid March.
HTH

I have also read through everything I got when I ordered the van and there is no mention of liability to import duties anywhere...not that I got much!

By March 2021 all people carrier 199s will be 204 due to the tightening emissions regulations. Ie Caravelle and shuttle. Vans need to do this change by September 2021. However it seems that they are changing the vans now as well. The first build week for the new engine is week 7, which means we will seethe first vehicles into dealers mid March.
HTH
HMMM Funny I was told week 7 !

My dealer has not mentioned any possible changes from 199 to 204. therefore would they not be supplying something I had not ordered if the engine spec was altered?

It’s only come to light in the last couple of weeks. Funnily enough dealers are the last to hear and have no control over VW Germany and build.

The California Chris Youtube channel mentioned these MY changes a couple of weeks ago.

As I mentioned further up, any new tarriffs (if no agreement reached) will come in from April not January.

;)Just to add , still not seen my van yet ! Have asked for photos of it when it’s in the compound at Birmingham van centre, as I’ve waited this long I might as well wait till March and get it registered then. Ordered May.
Hope to be getting photos this week.

;)Just to add , still not seen my van yet ! Have asked for photos of it when it’s in the compound at Birmingham van centre, as I’ve waited this long I might as well wait till March and get it registered then. Ordered May.
Hope to be getting photos this week.
What model did you order? Have they apologized about the delay?

Back