T6.1 new order delays

Isnt build week 51 the penultimate week of 2020? Why would there be extra import tax?
That’s right Skyliner33, no extra import duty if delivered before end of March and then only if no deal is done. Dealer reckons 3-5 weeks from build to delivery so hopefully all ok

What model did you order? Have they apologized about the delay?

199 DSG auto and the trader who’s bringing it in I’ve known yrs TBO, and it was out of his hands down to the year we’ve had since March and COVID , Brexit etc. Hopefully by March most of the snow and salt faded away with a bit of luck.
looking fwd to getting the mods done ready for the summer.

Mine was due to be built week beginning 12th Oct. I've spoken to someone on the VW online chat and they said there's no information yet as to whether it's actually built or not! Still not holding out hope that I'll see it before Christmas.

The wait is bloody killing me!! :rofl:
Me too, I ordered mine 17 August got a build date for 22 October, and got email from vw that said there's a delay of 6 weeks, was supposed to be getting a start conversion done middle of this month. Totally gutted

I'm 10 weeks in tomorrow. At first I was so keen I was thinking about the new toy every day. I have a house and garage littered with all my bolt on's ready. Yet strangely I dont think about the van every day like I used to. I just hope by the time it comes I haven't lost my mojo. I'm sure once the date draws close the interest will grow again. If nothing else one of my daughter's (who is at uni), bedroom, will be cleared of lining materials, them ny workshop will be cleared of all the other bits....however I forgot there will be a simillarly large pile of wheels and suspension to deal with when they come off lol T32 LWB kombi. I think what would boost my mojo would be if I could find a set of standard grilles and mirror trims so I could possibly send them off to wicked coatings to be hydrographically dipped in Carbon. I do like your ones Raceline Vans but can't justify almost a grand for two grille sets! Added to that 100 each for delivery I cant seem to get my head around that. Yes they look nice.

Collection day tomorrow for me!

That makes it just over 14 weeks from ordering to collection! It better be worth the wait!!
Wow you probably wont sleep tonight lol, good luck for tomorrow. Fingers crossed its a sunny day for the photos. Out of interest did you add many options, the dealer used options as the reason my date's going backwards

Haha yeah doubt I'll get much sleep! I'm collecting it about 5:30 so it'll be pitch black!

Yeah I added a few options:
Startline 150 DSG
Business Pack
Ccmfort Pack
Discover Media nav unit
Fog lights
Tailgate
Soft close sliding door
Cab carpet
Rubber floor in rear
80l fuel tank
Tyre pressure loss indicator
Heated seats
Heated and folding mirrors
Rear view camera

So not many options ticked!! Haha

I'm 10 weeks in tomorrow. At first I was so keen I was thinking about the new toy every day. I have a house and garage littered with all my bolt on's ready. Yet strangely I dont think about the van every day like I used to. I just hope by the time it comes I haven't lost my mojo. I'm sure once the date draws close the interest will grow again. If nothing else one of my daughter's (who is at uni), bedroom, will be cleared of lining materials, them ny workshop will be cleared of all the other bits....however I forgot there will be a simillarly large pile of wheels and suspension to deal with when they come off lol T32 LWB kombi. I think what would boost my mojo would be if I could find a set of standard grilles and mirror trims so I could possibly send them off to wicked coatings to be hydrographically dipped in Carbon. I do like your ones Raceline Vans but can't justify almost a grand for two grille sets! Added to that 100 each for delivery I cant seem to get my head around that. Yes they look nice.
Sounds a lot like my journey with my van , would love to gets the bits down to be dipped in carbon , it’s booked in for shocks and springs at CRS who have had my new wheels tyres in the workshop months ! Booked in for sound deadening and lining etc in September along with other mods. Like you the excitement gone down a few notches! lol I’m putting off registration till March now and waiting on photos of its arrival.

Im not going to pick mine up at vw, goes straight to the guys doing the conversion, but my extras are, Deep black, 2+1 rear seats, lwb 4motion dsg 199, 80l fuel tank, active lane assist, cab carpet, heated front seats, high beam assist, removable tow bar, led lights, power latching and electric tail gate, leaving off the radio thing as im having a after market Alpine system from the second conversion to campervan including air suspension. Not sure yet on vb own, as heard not so good pointers on there system. No I not won the lottery, going to be a huge payout, lol

Haha yeah doubt I'll get much sleep! I'm collecting it about 5:30 so it'll be pitch black!

Yeah I added a few options:
Startline 150 DSG
Business Pack
Ccmfort Pack
Discover Media nav unit
Fog lights
Tailgate
Soft close sliding door
Cab carpet
Rubber floor in rear
80l fuel tank
Tyre pressure loss indicator
Heated seats
Heated and folding mirrors
Rear view camera

So not many options ticked!! Haha
Hope all is well.

Ordered my van 22/9. Just had a call from the dealer to tell me the build is now complete and it’s currently in transit to the port.
Wow thats the same day I ordered mine, yet still being advised Feb 21!

Sounds a lot like my journey with my van , would love to gets the bits down to be dipped in carbon , it’s booked in for shocks and springs at CRS who have had my new wheels tyres in the workshop months ! Booked in for sound deadening and lining etc in September along with other mods. Like you the excitement gone down a few notches! lol I’m putting off registration till March now and waiting on photos of its arrival.
Lovely. I'm not bothered about 21 plate, just want the van

Managed to get into the dealers tonight to collect them van! I'm very impressed so far! Not had a change to go through the infotainment or dash menus yet to properly familiarise myself with it, will save that for tomorrow when it's light! Will start a proper thread in the owners section! Good luck with all your orders, hope they turn up soon! IMG_20201202_201224.jpg

Managed to get into the dealers tonight to collect them van! I'm very impressed so far! Not had a change to go through the infotainment or dash menus yet to properly familiarise myself with it, will save that for tomorrow when it's light! Will start a proper thread in the owners section! Good luck with all your orders, hope they turn up soon! View attachment 93815
Fantastic ! I’ve also had some great news also, my van is in the VW compound so I’ll wait on photographic evidence :)
Registration in March for me now, I’ve waited this long so hopefully avoid the snow and salt before I get it protected.
Good luck also getting to know your partner !

Maybe, just maybe, prospective buyers have seen the 2021 T7 and jumped on the bandwagon to a T6.1 as the T7 looks bloody awful. :sick:

just had an email today, my week 51 build has been changed to week 49 build!?
If things do pan out and I receive it late January, it's then a toss of a coin whether I ask them to keep it until March 1st or just take it.
I haven't confirmed with the camper conversion company yet so will probably have to await that, can't decide whether to leave the double front seat (I've ordered heated) and get a Vankraft kit to make it more comfortable or get it changed for a single. Either way it'll get a swivel. decisions decisions!
I'm not relishing in the thought of driving a panel van with no bulkhead, although I've never owned a van so it may be good to get used to it for a while.
Knowing my luck it'll be delayed by two months!

Back