T6.1 new order delays

Guess what, considering my options, pissed off just been advised week 13 which means I am very unlikely to see it until Mid April....I'm not prepared to pay 22% on top of an already expensive van. If VW don't sort their pricing out post Brexit I have a suspicion they may see a huge drop in sales in the UK. If I am asked to stump up imports it will make it almost 57k for a tin box on wheels. I could buy one fully spec'd from Leightons for that, then sell my goodies! Think I'd be out looking for a replacement Range Rover instead. Watch this space I may have lots of T6.1 brand new goodies up for sale! To say my day has just gone sour is an understatement. I think I may need to drop in to see my dealer and have a frank discussion about how we see exacly how bright LED headlights are when shining from a body cavity! Certainly the sun doesnt shine there! Rant over

Guess what, considering my options, pissed off just been advised week 13 which means I am very unlikely to see it until Mid April....I'm not prepared to pay 22% on top of an already expensive van. If VW don't sort their pricing out post Brexit I have a suspicion they may see a huge drop in sales in the UK. If I am asked to stump up imports it will make it almost 57k for a tin box on wheels. I could buy one fully spec'd from Leightons for that, then sell my goodies! Think I'd be out looking for a replacement Range Rover instead. Watch this space I may have lots of T6.1 brand new goodies up for sale! To say my day has just gone sour is an understatement. I think I may need to drop in to see my dealer and have a frank discussion about how we see exacly how bright LED headlights are when shining from a body cavity! Certainly the sun doesnt shine there! Rant over

As I said I had a build week of 44 . I was also told that it was build a waiting to be shipped 4 weeks ago. I think the problem is VW could not care less, they know they don't have to worry about selling them as there are enough stupid customers that will buy them if we were to cancel.
I have also looked at Leighton vans and this maybe the way forward. But how long before Leightons prices go up.
VW really do need to look at there customer service .......

I dont understand how this possible price increase is VWs fault?

Also as soon as Leighton vans have to pay an extra 20% because of brexit this will be reflected in their prices as well.

Woodman have you ordered something really unusual, as I'm wondering why yours is estimated at a lot longer than other people have posted in this thread?

I dont understand how this possible price increase is VWs fault?

Also as soon as Leighton vans have to pay an extra 20% because of brexit this will be reflected in their prices as well.

Woodman have you ordered something really unusual, as I'm wondering why yours is estimated at a lot longer than other people have posted in this thread?
Ready for the full spec;-
T32 LWB 199 DSG kombi Highline
Electric Tailgate with reversing Camera
side door power latch N/s
Opening windows both sides rear front
fixed windows both sides rear quarters
twin batteries
Front captains with swivels
detachable tow bar
Discover media nav
Fortana paint
carpet in cab
auto headlights
led lights
heated seats
heated washers

Probably have to pay for the air in the tyres soon!

As I said I had a build week of 44 . I was also told that it was build a waiting to be shipped 4 weeks ago. I think the problem is VW could not care less, they know they don't have to worry about selling them as there are enough stupid customers that will buy them if we were to cancel.
I have also looked at Leighton vans and this maybe the way forward. But how long before Leightons prices go up.
VW really do need to look at there customer service .......
The reality is I really like the Fortana Red as most of late are a shade of grey. Leighton dont have a lwb in Fortana!

Ready for the full spec;-
T32 LWB 199 DSG kombi Highline
Electric Tailgate with reversing Camera
side door power latch N/s
Opening windows both sides rear front
fixed windows both sides rear quarters
twin batteries
Front captains with swivels
detachable tow bar
Discover media nav
Fortana paint
carpet in cab
auto headlights
led lights
heated seats
heated washers

Probably have to pay for the air in the tyres soon!
In that case I don't understand it. It doesn't seem an unusual spec.

me niether like I said trip to the dealers today :)
As stated I made it into the dealership today, was assured by two salesmen both separately stated that becaused I ordered pre Dec2 nd that VW will honour the price I have paid...not sure if that means if import duty is payable are they picking up that cost?? But twice I was told I will pay the price agreed, one said even if it comes next Nov, the other said June...I did say it wasnt funny. Neither could explain why there are delays on lwb kombis with extras, (I pointed out all my options are in their catalogue so in my view should be readily available) when he is already getting crafters ordered in Sept? The sales manager has simillar spec to me on order and his is provisionally week 16 so further back than me!
Whilst there I was drawn to a new lwb , yes lwb Caravelle in stock only an se but has 8 single leather seats, discounted to 52k. Sadly in reflex silver so looks like an airport taxi. Mind you would look better with my 20" black wheels rails and bars., but then talked myself out of it as it would be too much waste to turn into a camper. I dont think it has as many options as the kombi I have on order, but it does have the digital dash, quite techy,,,till it goes wrong I guess. The upshot is at present there is not a salesman with a t6.1 looming where the sun don't shine :).

Also if anyone is interested they have a swb Ravenna Blue on a 70 plate don't know the miles, on 20s with rails and bars, apparently 5 k worth of extras inc front colour coded splitter, about 42k + vat.

This is correct as long as ordered pre 2/12 you are covered by VW price protection- there will be a 28 day time limit on registration after arriving at the dealer I believe, but that shouldn't create any issues. We have loads on order, and they are all over the place presently. We even have one build week 53???? Work that one out....

The delays on the 199ps, are being built post week 8, and all swapped to the new 204 engine which is meeting the new passenger carry emissions regulations, and VW are swapping all 199s over to meet this, even commercials which don't need to be compliant until Sept 1st

HTH

This is correct as long as ordered pre 2/12 you are covered by VW price protection- there will be a 28 day time limit on registration after arriving at the dealer I believe, but that shouldn't create any issues. We have loads on order, and they are all over the place presently. We even have one build week 53???? Work that one out....

The delays on the 199ps, are being built post week 8, and all swapped to the new 204 engine which is meeting the new passenger carry emissions regulations, and VW are swapping all 199s over to meet this, even commercials which don't need to be compliant until Sept 1st

HTH
Is it possible then that VW are exhausting their stock of 199 motors and waiting for the supply of the 204's to catch up? might be a reasonable assumption.

I too was told about VW honouring the price on the 2/12, but it was the 3/12 when I was told by one dealership, and another dealership ,apparently, wasn't even aware of the possible price hike. They were the same dealership that quoted me nearly a grand over the list price of the van and spec I was looking at!

I too was told about VW honouring the price on the 2/12, but it was the 3/12 when I was told by one dealership, and another dealership ,apparently, wasn't even aware of the possible price hike. They were the same dealership that quoted me nearly a grand over the list price of the van and spec I was looking at!
greedy feckers

Is it possible then that VW are exhausting their stock of 199 motors and waiting for the supply of the 204's to catch up? might be a reasonable assumption.

No, they are just not building them presently - I'm not even sure of the difference - I'm assuming same engine but different software and add-ons?? They will keep engines for warranty purposes anyway

Its not a price hike. Its the possible post Brexit import taxes etc. And its was defiantly the 2nd as the deadline day

Still, we have a few more day to strike a deal with the impossible EU!

Or within a set time period of the vehicle arriving, if later than March. Normally 14 or 28 days.

Well, looks like a no deal brexshit. That means no new T6 for me then. Well done Boris, my single cancelled purchase is the thinnest tip of the iceberg of the economy that is about to tank.

Back