T6.1 Ignition Live for DC-DC B2B Charger

Hey guys, I found an other alternative, easy as the one proposed by @T6Jay. I checked that on the lights switch the thin black wire (Pin 4) only gets 12V when the engine is on. Does anyone tried this solution? Do you think it is a good approach to switch on a DC-DC booster?
Thanks!

Yes thank you. I checked that it was the right way round and yes i only used the one fuse to feed the dashcam. My problem now is the DAB radio cutting out due to interference. Not an easy fix but looking into ferrite cores or better quality 12v to 5v adaptor.
Hi Gary, did you get it sorted? I'm installing a nextbase 300w with a piggyback fuse. That comes with a ferrite core and no interference when plugged into lighter skt. Which fuse did you use?

Hi Gary, did you get it sorted? I'm installing a nextbase 300w with a piggyback fuse. That comes with a ferrite core and no interference when plugged into lighter skt. Which fuse did you use?
Yes, it was the cheap adaptor that caused the interference. I purchased a nextbase adaptor and everything is now fine. The fuse I used is pictured. (I think its the third slot to the left of the 10a fuse. That is my piggy back fuse in the picture)

63881-7c5efa0be66d8757dca1f2d5725eb39f.jpg

Yes, it was the cheap adaptor that caused the interference. I purchased a nextbase adaptor and everything is now fine. The fuse I used is pictured. (I think its the third slot to the left of the 10a fuse. That is my piggy back fuse in the picture)

View attachment 128193
Good morning Garny (sorry about the gary, predictive).
Thanks for your reply, which way did you orient the cable? I've seen it suggested that the cable should be to the left.

Thanks for your reply, which way did you orient the cable? I've seen it suggested that the cable should be to the left.
No problem at all :) . Not sure what you mean. The piggy back was attached with the wire at the top as per photo, so it is correctly fused.

In a T6, the cable should be on the left for the additional circuit to be correctly fused. In a T6.1 the cable should be vertical as @Garny999 photo

Deaky, I have a Victron dc-dc charger, it is running of the auto sense thing at the moment. Will there be a benefit to adding a connection to the bcm? If so do you have a link to where I can get the correct pin/wire from? I am debating fitting a tow bar so would add this at the same time if there is a benefit. Thanks

My Victron dc-dc is using the engine shutdown detection algorithm, but it’s locked up a few times now and stopped charging the leisure battery as it thinks the engine is off. It’s a firmware issue as far as I can tell. Works as normal again after the charger has been switched off and on again. For a short while at least. I’ve currently got to manually disconnect it for that to happen which is a pain. Had to resort to manually switching charging on via the app on the last trip, but then inevitably forgot to switch it off again when parked up and the starter was dead in no time.

Reluctant to use just an ignition live to trigger the charger as It sucks all the power from the starter battery so quickly. But I’ve no idea what I’m doing with a bcm pin. Skilled enough to follow a guide but I don’t even know where the bcm is atm :(

My Victron dc-dc is using the engine shutdown detection algorithm, but it’s locked up a few times now and stopped charging the leisure battery as it thinks the engine is off. It’s a firmware issue as far as I can tell. Works as normal again after the charger has been switched off and on again. For a short while at least. I’ve currently got to manually disconnect it for that to happen which is a pain. Had to resort to manually switching charging on via the app on the last trip, but then inevitably forgot to switch it off again when parked up and the starter was dead in no time.

Reluctant to use just an ignition live to trigger the charger as It sucks all the power from the starter battery so quickly. But I’ve no idea what I’m doing with a bcm pin. Skilled enough to follow a guide but I don’t even know where the bcm is atm :(
That sounds a bit inconvenient. mine seems to stop charging when the stop-start stops the engine but always seems to come on again when it restarts.

That sounds a bit inconvenient. mine seems to stop charging when the stop-start stops the engine but always seems to come on again when it restarts.
Yeah it’s a real pain. When it’s working it’s fine. Does exactly what the setting tell it to. When it locks up the Input Voltage reading in the app is frozen and doesn’t change while driving as you would expect. Consequently no output is sent to the leisure battery. Can manually enable charging in the settings, so make me think it’s a software/firmware thing rather than a faulty unit.

Anyway, back on the topic of the thread. Has anyone managed to do what @Deaky mentioned with the bcm and some coding?

Yeah it’s a real pain. When it’s working it’s fine. Does exactly what the setting tell it to. When it locks up the Input Voltage reading in the app is frozen and doesn’t change while driving as you would expect. Consequently no output is sent to the leisure battery. Can manually enable charging in the settings, so make me think it’s a software/firmware thing rather than a faulty unit.

Anyway, back on the topic of the thread. Has anyone managed to do what @Deaky mentioned with the bcm and some coding?
I had to send my MPPT controller back because it was faulty. Victron sent me a new unit. Might be worth asking them the question.

Back on topic - I've not yet.

Can anyone identify an ignition + from the below please? I’m fitting a CTEK and leisure battery. I used a piggy back fuse thing on my T6 but it all looks a bit different in the 6.1.

8A44CF0F-3F15-414B-A1E6-A02BBCE7B420.jpeg

992CDDC7-DDD6-456F-B3FC-8DA96DC50476.jpeg

588713E3-AC4C-413A-9D77-6F20862B5875.jpeg

F31F5DCA-324B-4CC2-ACE9-FB4CEB15EBCA.jpeg

Back