T6.1 Heater not working correctly

Petehelmet

T6 Guru
Ok so a couple of weeks back when it was freezing my heater stopped working properly. By this I mean that the temperature dial in whichever position it’s in won’t change temp, won’t get hotter or colder just stays warm ish. The fan speed works 1 to 6 and the position dial all works. Any idea where the motor or whatever device it is that controls the temp is behind the dash? @Loz @Pauly. I have removed the actual control panel and on the back is just two electrical connections, I’m actually that old I was expecting a cable. Went for a service last Friday and they were supposed to look into it but didn’t have time as the 3 master techs are isolating so low on staff.
Thanks Pete.

The best thing would be to find someone local to read your fault codes. This would require VCDS, OBDELEVEN, CARISTA, etc.

The heater contains a temperature flap that is servo controlled. This could be the issue.

Ok so a couple of weeks back when it was freezing my heater stopped working properly. By this I mean that the temperature dial in whichever position it’s in won’t change temp, won’t get hotter or colder just stays warm ish. The fan speed works 1 to 6 and the position dial all works. Any idea where the motor or whatever device it is that controls the temp is behind the dash? @Loz @Pauly. I have removed the actual control panel and on the back is just two electrical connections, I’m actually that old I was expecting a cable. Went for a service last Friday and they were supposed to look into it but didn’t have time as the 3 master techs are isolating so low on staff.
Thanks Pete.

Have you any updates on this issue? did you fix it? if so, would you please share. Mine started with this yesterday, tiny difference in temp now between full heat and full on cold just getting Luke warm air. Also, the air con is blowing luke warm. The fan blower levels are all fully functional, dials seem to engage fine but the good heat and air con are now gone. Still under warranty with only 2500 on it t6.1 high line.

Have you any updates on this issue? did you fix it? if so, would you please share. Mine started with this yesterday, tiny difference in temp now between full heat and full on cold just getting Luke warm air. Also, the air con is blowing luke warm. The fan blower levels are all fully functional, dials seem to engage fine but the good heat and air con are now gone. Still under warranty with only 2500 on it t6.1 high line.
Van booked in with the dealer later this month, they said they have to replace the heater box I believe and apparently need the van for 3 days as it’s a dashboard out job.

Thanks for the update @Petehelmet.
Mines booked in for Monday next week. Went out for an hour the other day with thermometer in hand and temp still the same on hot or cold - 40 c and with the air con full on’ a warm 30 c.

Thanks Pete.
Hi I'm new to this forum (joined today) I have a T6 on a 16 plate and was wondering how you removed the heater control panel, my heater only blows cold no matter what position the heater dial is. Fan speed and direction dials all work fine.
Cheers
Shane (Gru)

Did you get anywhere with this Gru? Mine is blowing cold, and the bulkhead pipes are both cold and the matrix is not blocked (tested it!).

Hi lostinspace, unfortunately not,I had half the dash out and still couldnt get to the part thats broken, i could see the motor arm move normally for the direction flow but not for the heater dial (all i got was a short judder then nothing). However both of my bulkhead pipes were warm/hot. I'm taking it to a little firm near me to see if they can fix it. Will let you know how I get on 1000002950.jpg

Thanks really appreciated that. I tested my matrix and water flows around it, I am thinking that the auxillary pumps are both not working as neither heater works. Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Have a read of this thread

John.

Cheers John, I will find out if thats the same problem I have, although having seen what happens when the heater dial is turned I think it probably is.

Gru

Thanks Pete.
Any updates on this , mine has stopped blowing hot air now , 2022 plate T6.1 only got 2359 miles on it thought it would last longer than that I know it’s under warranty but booking is for 2 months they are that busy I’ve tried 3 dealerships

Back