T6.1 Cab heating only luke-warm.

Texas2981

I have a T6.1 which is 4 years old with 54k on the clock. Had the van last year, and is now converted. However, it only became apparent as the weather got colder, that the heater in the front only blows luke-warm air at best! The fan works fine and the air is sent to the places it should be, albeit always cold, and doesn't get warm enough to defrost the front window. I asked on a recent service if it could be checked, I was 'told' the 'pipes were getting warm' so it must be working! Anyone any ideas?? Thanks.

I have a T6.1 which is 4 years old with 54k on the clock. Had the van last year, and is now converted. However, it only became apparent as the weather got colder, that the heater in the front only blows luke-warm air at best! The fan works fine and the air is sent to the places it should be, albeit always cold, and doesn't get warm enough to defrost the front window. I asked on a recent service if it could be checked, I was 'told' the 'pipes were getting warm' so it must be working! Anyone any ideas?? Thanks.

Hi,
Did you get any joy with with your heater? My6.1 just packed up this weekend. Could you please let me know. Cheers Russell.

Hi Russell. Yes I have now managed to get it sorted. It turned to be a 'lever for the temperature regulating flap'. It is a small circular white plastic part that rotates when you adjust the temperature. The old one was broken, which meant the temperature remained at what it was when it broke! It is accessible by removing the panel in the drivers footwell and if you look up you should be able to see it! I did have some help sorting it and it involved taking several of the panels out across the dash. The part was from 'Partshaus Ltd, Unit 8, Coppice Farm, Stafford. ST195RP'. But make sure you get the correct part there are two similar levers. Hope this helps!! All the best, Steve.

Hi Steve, Thanks for the quick reply. So you can actually do it with the unit still in place?

A big thanks Russ.

Yes, the fix is quite simple, it's getting access that is the problem. You may have to keep removing bits until you can see what you are doing.

Can you tell me which panel you removed to see this? Just had a look at mine and can't see a way to remove either grey facia or black panel nearer the Pedals. Similar issue but not necessarily dame part as I have climate control so want to take a look first. Thanks

It's the complete panel including fuse box cover that will reveal a view of the small white lever, which on mine was broken and not moving. We also removed the similar panel on the passenger side for easier access.

IMG_2347.jpg

Back