T6.1 Heater blowing Hot-Air only

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
Just got in my t6.1 and drove back from the coast where I'm working. Nice sunny day so I turned the temperature dial down probably the first time this year. Within minutes I realized the AC wasn't working then for the rest of the 100 mile trip I had to have the window open as the heating was on full even though the dial was on cold.

Has anyone had this is there anything that needs resetting ?

Do you have the airflow directed to the windscreen by any chance?
I've tried every setting for direction and makes no difference. At first it was on cold and I could tell the Aircon wasn't working. I then turned it to full hot and back to cold which is when it stayed full hot . Thinking the temp control is broken

Over on Facebook a few people are saying they've had this and it was a dash out job. Bloody pain still under warranty but a pain. Still need to get the Bowden recall done so I'll book it in

I've tried every setting for direction and makes no difference. At first it was on cold and I could tell the Aircon wasn't working. I then turned it to full hot and back to cold which is when it stayed full hot . Thinking the temp control is broken

Over on Facebook a few people are saying they've had this and it was a dash out job. Bloody pain still under warranty but a pain. Still need to get the Bowden recall done so I'll book it in
Hi @Chippy1970 did you manage to get your heating sorted at the dealer? Mines gone today, no air con. Full heat on every setting. Cheers

I did notice the other day that the temperature control must be doing something , if you turn it to the coldest setting it does still turn on the AC and recirculation lights. That would suggest the dial is still functioning but something must be wrong elsewhere as I'm still getting full heat in every setting

I did notice the other day that the temperature control must be doing something , if you turn it to the coldest setting it does still turn on the AC and recirculation lights. That would suggest the dial is still functioning but something must be wrong elsewhere as I'm still getting full heat in every setting
Mines doing exactly the same

@Chippy1970 ......... my thoughts were as i have said in a previous post on this same problem may be the linkage is getting so hot being left on full heating it breaks when adjusting it back down

with modern cars just set the thermostat and leave it alone
and turning it up wont give any more heat to till it warms up lol .. plus the risk of full heat on a icy screen could crack it

back in the day..... there was heating only on or off just my Tupance worth ...lol

Dropped the van at the dealers Tuesday morning and it's taken all week just to look at it. I've been told it could be some flap somewhere and the dash needs to come out and it's a 6 hour job. Also they don't know when they can do it as they have 6 other vans in right now with the same problem. Disgusting way to treat a customer can't believe they can't give me a date to fix it. I've called vw to complain and let's see what happens.

Also told me that the heat shielding and wheel arch liners that are falling off my van aren't covered by warranty so I'll have to pay for them to be fixed.

Vw quality has gone down so much in the 20 odd years I've been a customer.

Mine went in Wednesday. I’ve not heard anything yet, but will keep you posted on how I get on.

Agree, I’ve had more issues with my transporter in 1.5yrs than I did with a Peugeot partner van in 11yrs

Looks like this might be developing into a common issue... Mine is Oct 2020 T6.1 (converted to camper) and it started doing the same this past couple of days too. No matter what temperature setting you dial it just pumps out warm air.
Looking to contact VW tomorrow to see if or when I can get it sorted.
Along with the front door cables safety recall I'm not impressed so far with this model.

Got mine back today. The arm of the heating motor had snapped which meant it wasn’t switching to cool air or air con. They had the whole dash out and it took them two weeks to sort. All covered under warranty.

In the process they have disabled my wing mirrors folding on the key. I’ve seen on here there is a fix for it where you can reset it. I’ll try that tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Vw customer services rang me today, they had been in contact with the garage who are now saying after having my van two weeks, that they haven't done the work or ordered any parts. Apparently I was supposed to be picking it up but no one has bothered to ring me and tell me that. Absolute bunch of amateurs grrrrr.

Back