T6.1 fog-light retrofit

Hello !

I finalized the retro fit installation of the front fog light.
Tried to code it with ODBeleven.
It seems to be that the cornering lights are working pretty well :cool:, nevertheless when I try to switch on both lights nothing is happening.
I tried to put these values (provided by fog lights seller) :
Lampendefektbit 12 : 38
Fehlerort byte 12 : 22
Fehlerort byte 13 : 42
Lampendefektbit 13 : 23

after I tried what has been suggested here, but not much results :
Lampendefektbit 12 : 56
Fehlerort byte 12 : 34
Fehlerort byte 13 : 35
Lampendefektbit 13 : 66

Could someone help me out ? My VW is a T6.1 April 2021

Thanks a lot !!!!

Hello !

I finalized the retro fit installation of the front fog light.
Tried to code it with ODBeleven.
It seems to be that the cornering lights are working pretty well :cool:, nevertheless when I try to switch on both lights nothing is happening.
I tried to put these values (provided by fog lights seller) :
Lampendefektbit 12 : 38
Fehlerort byte 12 : 22
Fehlerort byte 13 : 42
Lampendefektbit 13 : 23

after I tried what has been suggested here, but not much results :
Lampendefektbit 12 : 56
Fehlerort byte 12 : 34
Fehlerort byte 13 : 35
Lampendefektbit 13 : 66

Could someone help me out ? My VW is a T6.1 April 2021

Thanks a lot !!!!

Previously Posted by mmi Revisit Encodings
B03A4E40-3932-4EDC-8744-0F08F1198EE6.jpeg

Thanks, that's exactly what I did.
I'm very surprised to see that the corner light works well (even when reverse) but not the fog lights when switching ON the switch... Any idea ? Is there something to code regarding the new switch ?
Thanks !!!
The BCM can report light switch position. Does it "see" fog light switch operated - does it see other light switch positions?
In OBDeleven under live data - search for "fog".

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I just checked the live status of the switch, and it's written for the fog lights 'not codded'.
Surprising, because I put all values mentioned previously for the "Leuchte 12&13".
Thanks !
Claude

Screenshot_20220526_165506_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg

Also, in the instructions provided by the company who sold the kit, it's written to activate byte 7 bit 3 and 5. But I did not find how to do it in the long coding, nothing about byte 7 - any idea ? Thanks

Screenshot_20220526_171106.jpg

Also, in the instructions provided by the company who sold the kit, it's written to activate byte 7 bit 3 and 5. But I did not find how to do it in the long coding, nothing about byte 7 - any idea ? Thanks
It doesn't make sense - the Function 10 is the adaptation and there definitely are no bytes to work with. Are the instructions for T6.1?

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I just checked the live status of the switch, and it's written for the fog lights 'not codded'.
Surprising, because I put all values mentioned previously for the "Leuchte 12&13".

I'm not sure if this helps but below how the light switch is seen with VCDS - do you see the other switch positions correctly?

a) van with fog lights - light switch OFF
1653579735255.png

(b) without fog lights - light switch OFF
1653579792125.png

It doesn't make sense - the Function 10 is the adaptation and there definitely are no bytes to work with. Are the instructions for T6.1?

I'm not sure if this helps but below how the light switch is seen with VCDS - do you see the other switch positions correctly?

a) van with fog lights - light switch OFF
View attachment 158074

(b) without fog lights - light switch OFF
View attachment 158075
Yes, when switching on and off the other lights, I do see the correct status. Just the fog lights status is not modified and stay on not coded :-(

Yes, when switching on and off the other lights, I do see the correct status. Just the fog lights status is not modified and stay on not coded :-(
Did you verify the wiring from the switch to the BCM?
Do you have Auto-Lights? What's the part number of the light switch? Is it genuine VW part?

I bought a non original part, the vendor told me it is for the latest golf which is compatible with the t6.1. Hope it's correct, I attach some pictures

IMG_20220526_204611.jpg

IMG_20220526_204616.jpg

I bought a non original part, the vendor told me it is for the latest golf which is compatible with the t6.1. Hope it's correct, I attach some pictures
Hmmm... latest Golf... unfortunately I have no idea about the compatibility.

EDIT: Did some googling and it seems that your switch is used also on previous generation Golf, so would expect to be compatible :unsure:

Here are the light switches used in T6.1 - they are exactly the same part as used in previous generation(s) of Golf, Tiguan, etc.
light_switch.png

Last edited:
hi,
i need to retrofit front FOG lights on my T6 2020.5

There is no coding options...everything just adaptations....
how you retrieve this table? its pain to list in that adaptations......
Leuchte functions are hundreds of rows and every row has possible options :(....
any idea what exactly need to be changed for fogs? thanks!

Back