VW t6.1 startline auto headlight retrofit question

Chris_t6.1

T6 Pro
Hi,

I want to retrofit the auto headlights feature to my t6.1 startline. From reading the only other post I can find in this forum about it, it seems the people who have tried just changing the headlight switching module (like you needed to do on the t6) to one which includes the auto function get a bulb error when selecting auto lights even though the auto lights work as intended.

I’m guessing the error comes as the startline doesn’t have front fog lights as standard and therefore can’t detect the bulbs for these. Does anyone know if this assumption is correct? If so could I just use a small resistor/wire in the relevant bcm slot for the fog lights to trick the system into thinking there is front fog lights? Or do i have to retrofit front fogs to get auto lights working properly?

Appreciate any help people could give.

Can anyone help here? @Pauly is this something you could assist with? You seem to be the electrics guru from the posts I have seen on the forum!

Not something i have really looked into or had any experience with, do any companies sell an auto light kit for 6.1 ? that would be the biggest clue ?

I've tried it on my 6.1 startline. I got the fogs as an option from factory and it still gives a bulb error. I only had the switch fitted for 5 mins as gave a bulb error. Not sure what the remedy is as I've not looked into it since.

I'd assume that you'd have to fit the rear view mirror light sensor, which could involve a new windscreen.

No I didn’t. I did a fair bit of searching as thought it would be as simple as wiring in fog lights or a resistor to trick the system into thinking they were there but couldn’t find anything to support my theory.

Back