T6.1 Drivers external door handle issue

Honestly, people need to read the previous replies. Rather than just commenting how their own vehicle has the issue.

Honestly, people need to read the previous replies. Rather than just commenting how their own vehicle has the issue.
Any news on this fix, is it a temp fix or solution. My March 20 T6.1 is suffering still and dealer refuses to say there is a recall?

Don’t know about a recall but I took my 2020 t6.1 in with this problem and they replaced the parts no problem, all seems good now. Don’t take no for an answer. They only replaced one handle though so it’d have to be broken, they wouldn’t replace the other one ‘just in case’ so we’ll see if that one lasts.

Any news on this fix, is it a temp fix or solution. My March 20 T6.1 is suffering still and dealer refuses to say there is a recall?
Is it still doing it regardless of frost? That would indicate a different issue (broken Bowden cable issue) rather than just cables freezing.
There was a temporary fix using some grease and relocating the cable routing to stop the effects from freezing.. don’t know if your local dealer has done this, it seems to have helped with the ones we’ve done.. obviously hasn’t been too frosty recently.

Is it still doing it regardless of frost? That would indicate a different issue (broken Bowden cable issue) rather than just cables freezing.
There was a temporary fix using some grease and relocating the cable routing to stop the effects from freezing.. don’t know if your local dealer has done this, it seems to have helped with the ones we’ve done.. obviously hasn’t been too frosty recently.
Hi there, it does it in frost only yes, last time was two weeks ago, I live in a cold spot.
My dealer reckons he couldn’t get the parts as they were out of stock. This was 6 weeks ago, phoned the dealership today to ask if the parts were in stock. His colleague told me the parts were in stock and shown they were fitted to my van!
Waiting to speak to the original parts technician I have been dealing with tomorrow.
Both my doors passenger and drivers suffer from this in the cold.

My Transporter T6.1 passenger door won’t open from the outside, and it’s a warm 24 degrees celsius here.

I’m going to call dealer tomorrow but is there some sort of child lock or thing I might have engaged? I don’t have a child lock button on the drivers door and I couldn’t find a clear thing in the manual

Folks, this issue is subject to recall from
VW. There was a recall notice out last year sometime in November where VW will replace a part in the locking mechanism.

Folks, this issue is subject to recall from
VW. There was a recall notice out last year sometime in November where VW will replace a part in the locking mechanism.
Not when its 24*C as @dj_ is experiencing, the recall is due to the Bowden cable freezing.

Had my Bowden’s done before Xmas… even worse now cannot get in on any frost.
Absolute joke!!!

They can’t do them again until March, guessing it’ll be ok then as we have little frosts then…warranty out start of next year!

I have read the previous replies, but I wasn’t sure if it applied to me being in a warm season right now. The van is also very new so I didn’t know if I accidentally did or engaged something.

I called the dealer and he said it seems like it’s the cable thing from the recall, even though it’s very warm here in Australia now.

Have you any news regarding recalls @BognorMotors as I had the Bowden cable recall done on 14th February this year and last week when I opened the driver’s door in the frost, it opened the door but the handle wouldn’t retract back on the spring until the frost had cleared.
So the door wouldn’t latch closed.

Have you any news regarding recalls @BognorMotors as I had the Bowden cable recall done on 14th February this year and last week when I opened the driver’s door in the frost, it opened the door but the handle wouldn’t retract back on the spring until the frost had cleared.
So the door wouldn’t latch closed.
There was a second recall - give your local dealer a call

The second recall was a a bit of trim Ill see what I can find out - Dm me your vehicle details

I think the cable has frozen, I had to get in via passenger door this morning as it was -3 degrees

Back