T6.1 Drivers external door handle issue

Phil_j89

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Honestly, people need to read the previous replies. Rather than just commenting how their own vehicle has the issue.

The Bean

VIP Member
Honestly, people need to read the previous replies. Rather than just commenting how their own vehicle has the issue.
Any news on this fix, is it a temp fix or solution. My March 20 T6.1 is suffering still and dealer refuses to say there is a recall?

BernieM99

Don’t know about a recall but I took my 2020 t6.1 in with this problem and they replaced the parts no problem, all seems good now. Don’t take no for an answer. They only replaced one handle though so it’d have to be broken, they wouldn’t replace the other one ‘just in case’ so we’ll see if that one lasts.

Phil_j89

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Any news on this fix, is it a temp fix or solution. My March 20 T6.1 is suffering still and dealer refuses to say there is a recall?
Is it still doing it regardless of frost? That would indicate a different issue (broken Bowden cable issue) rather than just cables freezing.
There was a temporary fix using some grease and relocating the cable routing to stop the effects from freezing.. don’t know if your local dealer has done this, it seems to have helped with the ones we’ve done.. obviously hasn’t been too frosty recently.

The Bean

VIP Member
Is it still doing it regardless of frost? That would indicate a different issue (broken Bowden cable issue) rather than just cables freezing.
There was a temporary fix using some grease and relocating the cable routing to stop the effects from freezing.. don’t know if your local dealer has done this, it seems to have helped with the ones we’ve done.. obviously hasn’t been too frosty recently.
Hi there, it does it in frost only yes, last time was two weeks ago, I live in a cold spot.
My dealer reckons he couldn’t get the parts as they were out of stock. This was 6 weeks ago, phoned the dealership today to ask if the parts were in stock. His colleague told me the parts were in stock and shown they were fitted to my van!
Waiting to speak to the original parts technician I have been dealing with tomorrow.
Both my doors passenger and drivers suffer from this in the cold.