T6.1 Drivers external door handle issue

My T6.1 does this. It seems to be the frost.

I can usually open the door but not shut it :D it just bounces back open

Same issue, drivers door opens from inside but wont budge from the outside... cold weather ?van is an October 2020 build 6.1. Is this a recall or a frost issue? why is it only happening on the driver side?

It’s definitely a recall issue - it shouldn’t happen.
It’s for VW to work out why it’s just driver‘s side.

Pete

It’s definitely a recall issue - it shouldn’t happen.
It’s for VW to work out why it’s just driver‘s side.

Pete

Mines mainly the passenger side :slow rofl:

have to say I’m not massively impressed thus far with this van. It drives beautifully but Christ mines going in to be looked at and the list is as long as your arm!

you can run through the list if you like . I am a 6.1 owner 4000 miles so far and all seems good so far apart form the door obviously.

you can run through the list if you like . I am a 6.1 owner 4000 miles so far and all seems good so far apart form the door obviously.

applecar play issue (the one mentioned on this forum).

Door handle issue.

We connect issues/electrical fault meaning my hazards for example go on randomly when the vehicle is locked and not in use. Also had the window passenger side randomly go down in the early hours of the morning for no reason when it was locked.

surging issue when off throttle and in gear (coasting). Upon application of the throttle the vehicle shudders and has stalled in motion.

creaky clutch cylinder.

My T6.1 is three months old and 3k miles.

Hope it’s all sorted for you. Lots of little niggles with these vans , nice to drive , but it’s been the same since my first T5 sixteen years ago. Same with most brands I suppose!

The recall was not for this fault. This is frost. New fix coming

See my earlier post. Fix coming this week apparently. Pre heat the handle(which is a joke TBf)
So the recall for the bosun cable isn't the same as the recall for frost??

Cant come soon enough. Ill call the dealer tomorrow. Trouble is we will all have the fix and not really know until next winter.

Because they haven’t released the fix for the frosting yet. It’s coming this week apparently.

Shocking really when we never had this issue on any of the old transporters from 2003 all the way through to 2019.

My Golf TCR nsf door handle sticks as well. Grease sorted that one

Is this the first northern-hemisphere winter for the T6.1? That's probably an inexcusably ignorant question given I've recently bought one but there you go.

Just reading this....only the bowden cables according to the article.
That article is from May last year. So looks like they have yet issue another affecting the same cable. Sounds like very poor design to have so many issues with the same mechanism.

Because they haven’t released the fix for the frosting yet. It’s coming this week apparently.

The release that's coming this week is a temporary fix, whilst they finish the full campaign for the full frost issue.
Be interesting to see if it makes any difference (the temporary fix) as its just to grease the Bowden cable inner / outer and cable tie the Bowden cable, to point downwards and stop water running into the outer part of the cable where it freezes.

Just took mine to Citigate VW at Collindale and they sorted it. Said mine being an October 2020 build had the recall upgrades done already . Said they have had their own vans doing this and the worst thing that you can do is yank the handle as it breaks whatever is inside. There is no fix for the frost unless you pour warm water over the handle or down the window with your remote and then open it from the inside come on VW, there are colder frosty winters in the Alps and Hannover where this van is built.

Back