T6.1 Drivers external door handle issue

Same here, Sunday morning the drivers one wouldn't open, had the "recall" done last year.

@Pedro20001
I took mine to the dealership last week who did the original recall and they had been requested by vw technical to order all the parts to replace door handles, locks, lock barrels and cables. Lock barrels will take 2 weeks from the factory to fit my original keys.
So vw must have a plan!!
Also while I was at the dealership, I had a look at new vans in stock and the door handle with the key is now fitted in the passenger side door and not like my 2021 van which is the driver side.
I am not sure if the left hand drive version has been redesigned or not but I have no evidence to confirm this.

@Pedro20001
I took mine to the dealership last week who did the original recall and they had been requested by vw technical to order all the parts to replace door handles, locks, lock barrels and cables. Lock barrels will take 2 weeks from the factory to fit my original keys.
So vw must have a plan!!
Also while I was at the dealership, I had a look at new vans in stock and the door handle with the key is now fitted in the passenger side door and not like my 2021 van which is the driver side.
I am not sure if the left hand drive version has been redesigned or not but I have no evidence to confirm this.
That's very interesting and hopeful too. Good luck and keep us informed, cheers

Update ….VW had my van for a week, and finally were able to recreate the issue on the passenger door but not the drivers (cos the 4 separate video’s I supplied weren’t good enough).
This evidence has been supplied to VW and as I quote “ VW have fixed the issue and yours shouldn’t do this” so I’m awaiting what the answer is ..
I’ll keep updating

Last edited by a moderator:
Back