T6.1 Door Control Unit Defective - ongoing two years

DMXDAVE

Has anyone else had a problem with their Door Control Unit Defective. I'have had this on and off for the past two years. The Birmingham Van Centre replace this under warranty 21/12/2023 and then 12 days later I get the same message and error. It has just fallen out of the 3 year warranty so they think I should pay to get it inspected and repaired.

Just a bit worried if we get locked in? Sorry I am not that mechanical and might be over worrying.

Any recommendations.

David Brooks
T32 Combine Highline SWB 150 PS
@davesvdub
image0.jpeg

You have raised the issue under warranty and they have failed to repair it, i would push for a warranty repair
If they claim to have fixed it then it should last longer than a few weeks !

You could try raising it with VW UK customer services they may or may not nudge the dealer for you

Hey @DMXDAVE
Had exactly the same problem on mine. Got this fixed a few weeks ago under warranty which runs out in a couple of months time.
It took VW a good few days of trying to get to the bottom of it, but in the end they found the fault and had to replace all of the locks in the passenger side front door if that helps.
All done at VW Cordwallis at Heathrow.
I would think that if you raised the issue before warranty is up then they must have to get this sorted.
They are all also replacing the windscreen under warranty as the screen demist is not working fully as a few lines appear where clearly the connection is not working.
Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Back