locked in the back of my T6.1

JanDH

Hi to all Transporter fans ,

I just had my van last week and try'ing some stuff and things out an bumped into a problem.

When i go in to the cargo back of my van and lock the car, there is no way to open the door unless i unlock the lock mechanicly.

I want to go camping and lock the van with keys ...

even if i unlock the car with my key and use the electrical switch in the back door. I does not open ? Got a little panic when i noticed that i could not get outside ...

Why is this ?

And is there a solution to it ? other then placing a extra electrical swith connected to the outside door hitch microswitch ? Its seems logical to me the inside switch thats provided should work ?

It does work after i use the outside door hitch first...

I Have a T6.1 LWB barn doors

20220723_174052.jpg

20220723_174036.jpg

20220723_174100.jpg

@Texxaco has “form” when it comes to being locked in a van….!
Yeah i allready wrote this one , but this is not the same issue ...

i have the keys with me in the car...
so i can unlock it ... But i cant open the barn door with the electrical switch in the barn door. The first time it needs to be opened from the outside first in order to function after (the inside electrical unlocking switch) ...

@Texxaco has “form” when it comes to being locked in a van….!
I remember that:think smile bounce:

Hi to all Transporter fans ,

I just had my van last week and try'ing some stuff and things out an bumped into a problem.

When i go in to the cargo back of my van and lock the car, there is no way to open the door unless i unlock the lock mechanicly.

I want to go camping and lock the van with keys ...

even if i unlock the car with my key and use the electrical switch in the back door. I does not open ? Got a little panic when i noticed that i could not get outside ...

Why is this ?

And is there a solution to it ? other then placing a extra electrical swith connected to the outside door hitch microswitch ? Its seems logical to me the inside switch thats provided should work ?

It does work after i use the outside door hitch first...

I Have a T6.1 LWB barn doors

View attachment 166324

View attachment 166325

View attachment 166326
Am I right in thinking alarm will go off if locked with key and then movement in the van?

in the first photo you see the micro switch of the outside door hitch and the second photo is the whole locking system

20220724_090938.jpg

20220724_090929.jpg

Did you try pushing the child lock switch on the drivers door, that prevents doors being opened from the inside?

Did you try pushing the child lock switch on the drivers door, that prevents doors being opened from the inside?

Could not do this , because i was locked inside ... the cargo room is completely sealed from the rest of the van ...

this child lock had to be the issue , but i do not want to have this issue a second time...

Could not do this , because i was locked inside ... the cargo room is completely sealed from the rest of the van ...

this child lock had to be the issue , but i do not want to have this issue a second time...
Ah. Yes, you must have a bulkhead. I understand.

Back