Passenger side door lock

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
After 3 months of ownership, I've only just noticed that my T6.1 van has odd locks.

There is a key hole on the passenger side and not the drivers side. Is this normal?

I had a car broken into many years ago where the lock was essentially forced with a screwdriver. I'm guessing that modern locks can't be forced in the same way due to being electronic and not mechanical? Does the presence of a lock make the vehicle in anyway less secure? If so, is there a door handle which does not have the lock that I can buy to get rid of the key hole on the passengers door?

F9C57797-5ACB-48A2-8707-F8A0474E9EA0.jpegD6CE0CE0-2C24-4A2A-B9D9-603E356CC2E1.jpeg

I have one on the drivers door only (t6) my opinion is thats its a blessing, as if ever you key gets soaked and buttons dont work you still have a manual key to enter the van so your not stuck, old school.... Dont get me started on keyless....

A lot of cars have them to be honest but are covered by a cap, van being commerical i guess they didn't see the need to hide it. I would have thought if criminals are willing to go damaging the vehicle to enter the glass will always be the weakest link. Even breaking through the lock the alarm would sound so I wouldnt worry too much about it being on show, took you three months to spot ;):D

I have one on the drivers door only (t6) my opinion is thats its a blessing, as if ever you key gets soaked and buttons dont work you still have a manual key to enter the van so your not stuck, old school.... Dont get me started on keyless....

A lot of cars have them to be honest but are covered by a cap, van being commerical i guess they didn't see the need to hide it. I would have thought if criminals are willing to go damaging the vehicle to enter the glass will always be the weakest link. Even breaking through the lock the alarm would sound so I wouldnt worry too much about it being on show, took you three months to spot ;):D
I suppose so, but seems a bit odd to be on the passenger door only. Cost cut I suppose to reduce cost of rhd vehicles.

I suppose so, but seems a bit odd to be on the passenger door only. Cost cut I suppose to reduce cost of rhd vehicles.
Yeah thats a good shout, probably the reason.

Well after quite a few months of 6.1 ownership I just noticed my van has the front door lock on the passenger side, weird !

I guess it doesn’t really make much difference as it’s only going to get used if there’s a fob issue but now I’ve seen it I can’t stop noticing it every time I walk past the van !

After 3 months of ownership, I've only just noticed that my T6.1 van has odd locks.

There is a key hole on the passenger side and not the drivers side. Is this normal?

I had a car broken into many years ago where the lock was essentially forced with a screwdriver. I'm guessing that modern locks can't be forced in the same way due to being electronic and not mechanical? Does the presence of a lock make the vehicle in anyway less secure? If so, is there a door handle which does not have the lock that I can buy to get rid of the key hole on the passengers door?

View attachment 143594View attachment 143593
It looks like @Nickruss has a lock fitted to the drivers side but no mechanism behind it to function, and no key-hole on the passenger side where the lock was fitted! He may be up for a swap -

Back