T6.1 diesel heater install

I just sealed the duct to the metal - no need to do the step ( you may wish to take it off in the future). Any polyurethane sealant adhesive will do. You could use non-setting mastic if you wish.

I just sealed the duct to the metal - no need to do the step ( you may wish to take it off in the future). Any polyurethane sealant adhesive will do. You could use non-setting mastic if you wish.
Thanks mate, mush appreciated. I meant the metal to duct.

I have a nice 3D printed OEM looking grill for my step

Yesterday I tried to find out which of the 2 versions of the sender unit I have (3rd nipple or not?)

So I sent am email to my local VW Parts dept with reg number to ask. I must admit they have always been exceptionally helpful.

However today I got this reply:

Quote:
"The fuel pump and senders are the same on all transporters mate, the only difference is that one of the nipples needs blanking off if not used. Part number of them pump is 7E0819088N and the blank plug is 6r0201263"

This is clearly incorrect but if they can only locate 1 part number its strange.

I have tried to find these part numbers online, to see if I can see a diagram / photo of what they look like, but to no avail. (I know some on here are very good at this - maybe can assist.)

I have just sent an email back showing photos of the 2 clearly different units.

Guess its a case of drop the tank or see if I can get hold of one of those cameras with the long flexible thing to have a look.

Hi all,

Looking for help from somebody with the webasto coolant heater factory fitted to a T6.1. Would you mind taking a few pics of your engine bay where the coolant lines go through the bulkhead? ETKA is lacking detail to figure out the correct hoses to order. I am trying to fit the webasto as per factory. If it is difficult to post images, maybe you could whatsapp them?

TIA

A typo perhaps? Couldn't find that but "the blank plug is 6r0201263" leads to the below on site IFI CP2 Message

View attachment 219407
Thanks, I assume it must be that. Its strange how apparently there is only 1 part number on VW computer, especially as its the electrical connections that seem to be different ie some have 1 plug, others have 2, not ust the extra fuel connection.

There are definitely pumps without the extra nipple as forum members have found out, we are just lacking knowledge of the change-over point to all of them being built with the spare ( if that truly is the case ). T6.1 seems the obvious point but I am certain that the T6 has been found to have it.

There are definitely pumps without the extra nipple as forum members have found out, we are just lacking knowledge of the change-over point to all of them being built with the spare ( if that truly is the case ). T6.1 seems the obvious point but I am certain that the T6 has been found to have it.
Yes, all seems a bit hit and miss. I was talking to a converter a couple of days ago, and they seem to think 2021 was the changeover point. I didnt realise some t6s had the 3rd nipple. Do you know anything about why some have 2 electrical plugs on and some just 1?

Just putting this on here. I have 2 of those elbow connectors mentioned in post #9 in this thread, and also a generic non Webasto / Eberspacher 'stand pipe' if anyone wants for postage cost.

July 2023 build 150HP dsg highline has the extra nipple for the aux heaters. Part number on the sender unit is 7LA 919 050 A

I lowered mine about this much. I hired a ramp which had an integral jack, so it was very easy to raise and lower the tank at the flick of a switch ( previously on my T5 I did it at the kerbside with the T5 jack and some wood!).

I took the moulded surround off the filler cap and adblue cap, but I didn’t have to drop the pipes down at all, everything stayed connected.

View attachment 189118

View attachment 189119

View attachment 189120
Thanks for this, this worked perfectly even on the drive it was only around 30 minutes work with this method including clipping it into the existing clips down the side of the tank.

Just putting this on here. I have 2 of those elbow connectors mentioned in post #9 in this thread, and also a generic non Webasto / Eberspacher 'stand pipe' if anyone wants for postage cost.
Hi Skyliner33, I would really appreciate those items if they’re still available. Just about to drop my tank at the weekend.

@Skyliner33 I would really appreciate those items if they’re still available. Just about to drop my tank at the weekend.

Back