T6.1 Android Auto - no audio [Resolved]

Dropped my van off at the dealers this morning picked up tonight. Got a new bumper protector and new front number plate so I can fit correctly myself. I didn't trust them to remove the incorrectly fitted one off my bumper, a pain but I'd rather do it and do it right.

Now to the main reason for going back, the app connect. They tested mine and have said VW are aware of the issue with Android auto and no sound. My software is the latest so no update so I'm stuck with it until VW pull their fingers out. Hopefully soon.

Dropped my van off at the dealers this morning picked up tonight. Got a new bumper protector and new front number plate so I can fit correctly myself. I didn't trust them to remove the incorrectly fitted one off my bumper, a pain but I'd rather do it and do it right.

Now to the main reason for going back, the app connect. They tested mine and have said VW are aware of the issue with Android auto and no sound. My software is the latest so no update so I'm stuck with it until VW pull their fingers out. Hopefully soon.

Bizarre. o_O

Evening All,
This is my first post so apologies if I've missed any Forum etiquette.
I stumbled on this post when I picked up my van in August and saw there was no current software update from VW, the dealer denied any knowledge so I sent them a link to which they didn't respond.
I wasn't that chuffed as they supplied the vehicle without air conditioning, apparently it was a 'factory misbuild' I think was the term.
I'm still waiting for a replacement.
So not being able to use Android Auto has been a bit of a pain, but probably due to being snooped on by Google I noticed on my news feed an article about an Android Auto update fixing known bugs a few days ago, did the update and it started working!!! Audible, Spotify everything, only issue I noticed was steering wheel controls didn't work, only the touch screen but what the hell I thought....For two days, now it's back to not working. WTF!?! Not changed any settings on the head unit or my phone, no other updates to software and it's back to square one.....New I should have gone for a Merc .

Evening All,
This is my first post so apologies if I've missed any Forum etiquette.
I stumbled on this post when I picked up my van in August and saw there was no current software update from VW, the dealer denied any knowledge so I sent them a link to which they didn't respond.
I wasn't that chuffed as they supplied the vehicle without air conditioning, apparently it was a 'factory misbuild' I think was the term.
I'm still waiting for a replacement.
So not being able to use Android Auto has been a bit of a pain, but probably due to being snooped on by Google I noticed on my news feed an article about an Android Auto update fixing known bugs a few days ago, did the update and it started working!!! Audible, Spotify everything, only issue I noticed was steering wheel controls didn't work, only the touch screen but what the hell I thought....For two days, now it's back to not working. WTF!?! Not changed any settings on the head unit or my phone, no other updates to software and it's back to square one.....New I should have gone for a Merc .

Unbelievable that they could get the original order wrong. I'd like to think you'd be moved right to the front of the build queue for your replacement!?

On the Android Auto front, I think once mobile phones are involved all sorts of variables come into play. My AA has worked perfectly since I picked the van up but for some reason I can't open the WeConnect app. Very frustrating.

They give from one hand and take with the other.

Unbelievable that they could get the original order wrong. I'd like to think you'd be moved right to the front of the build queue for your replacement!?

On the Android Auto front, I think once mobile phones are involved all sorts of variables come into play. My AA has worked perfectly since I picked the van up but for some reason I can't open the WeConnect app. Very frustrating.

They give from one hand and take with the other.

That's weird you would think if it's a software problem then no one would have a working Android auto. All my dealer said was I'll just have to wait for an update.

I just had to create an 8 hour mp3 track with a rain noise so i can use the workaround, such a pain!

If anyone want's a copy of the file then send me a private message. You will need to load the file onto an SD Card.

I Will write up some instructions when i get a chance.

Last edited:
Ask your dealer to do a car radio update, this fixes the problem, just puts a car on the icon instead of a van. VW are aware, and trying to sort but could be sometime, mine is going in next week to get sorted

No problems with mine, working fully now after the update

Do you know what software version this is? And is it just the radio software?

When I went to my local VW dealer they said my T6.1 had the latest version. Not sure if I believe them since the car was shipped from VW factory May 2020. And hasn't been on a service etc ever since.

I don't know but I would ignore them and book it in as I was told there was no update showing for mine but they booked me in as it only shows when they connect the van.

Couldnt get booked in to Droitwich, had 2 days in Bilston and told there's not a problem (I left my SD card in by accident). Does anyone still have this problem? Is it possible to update yourself?

Couldnt get booked in to Droitwich, had 2 days in Bilston and told there's not a problem (I left my SD card in by accident). Does anyone still have this problem? Is it possible to update yourself?
I have this problem. It's a total pain in the a$$. As far as I know it needs to be updated at the dealer.

I called Droitwich a few times last week, spoke to Dan in service and was promised a call back with the latest version number so I can compare to mine... no callback yet.

If someone knows what version of software solves this I would love to know.

Had the same issue with my android auto. Worked ok with apple car play.
Anyway it went in last week and after a software update works perfectly

Had the same issue with my android auto. Worked ok with apple car play.
Anyway it went in last week and after a software update works perfectly
I have two customer relations agents on my case now. I'm hopeful to get it done before we go away at Christmas.

Back