Using Bluetooth headset for calls while Android Auto is connected for Maps.

Barberrossa05

VIP Member
Hi all,

I use android auto for maps on my 71plate T6.1. Basic entertainment unit.

I use a Bluetooth bone conducting Shox headset for calls, I want to use this while driving for calls, with audio through the van speakers as normal. The hadsfree via the van is terrible and nobody can hear me very well.

I have tried unpairing the phone and van and turning thw Bluetooth off in the van completely.

I have tried turning the calls off on the Bluetooth connection to the van.

As soon as I plug the phone back in to the van the Bluetooth automatically reconnects and diverts calls to the van.

I bought the AA wireless dongle and have the same issues.

Any ideas on how to do this? Failing that where is the mic for the van handsfree and van that be improved/upgraded?

pfa...
20230920_165644.jpg

I assume you are using Wireless Android Auto?

This will use Bluetooth to detect the initial connection and then start a point to point WiFi connection (Bluetooth doesn't have bandwidth for video) to do Android Auto.

I think even if you used a wired connection for Android Auto then it will automatically set up the Bluetooth connection so wireless would work.

Either way I think if Android Auto is active all the audio (in and out) runs through it.

I think the closest you are going to get is to to not use Android Auto at all and rely on Bluetooth - the you can configure the van BT connection for media and your headset BT connection for phone calls. Obviously that will prevent you using maps and I fear that Android Auto will automatically try and "fix" your connection again.

There was an update a while back for the Bluetooth AVRCP(android 11?) It caused loads of issues with older headunits over 5 years old. You can role back the software version on Android, but not apple iOS. Enable developer mode, search Bluetooth AVRCP and role back the software version. It takes less than a minute to configure. Just search Bluetooth AVRCP role-back.

Had this issue with an old work car using Parrot hands free. It made the connection more stable, seemed to work

Back