T6.1 Alarm Sensor disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Jay Mcc

Hi All , im just about to order a T6.1 to replace my T6, there was 2 issues i had with the T6 that im worried about on the 6.1
1-the internal sensor as i have a dog sets the alarm off, i fixed by just unplugging it, Does anybody know what the best way to do this on the 6.1 ? there is a link to the SOS that could cause issue, not that i want the SOS system at all!
2- the start/stop i added a module to keep it off on the t6 whats the best way on the 6.1?

Why not switch the internal monitoring off with the switch on the driver's B pillar?

I've got stop/start and never had a problem with it, if the halt looks short keep your foot on the clutch, if it looks long use the stop/start for what it is designed for saving fuel and keeping pollution down. I know keeping your foot on the clutch is against the norm but not really a problem with modern clutch release bearings. If you've got an auto then hard luck!

Why not switch the internal monitoring off with the switch on the driver's B pillar?

I've got stop/start and never had a problem with it, if the halt looks short keep your foot on the clutch, if it looks long use the stop/start for what it is designed for saving fuel and keeping pollution down. I know keeping your foot on the clutch is against the norm but not really a problem with modern clutch release bearings. If you've got an auto then hard luck!

Sorry i should have mentioned DSG, i agree not to bad in a geared van. but i have the T6 DSG and the start stop is terrible, im sure it can be fixed the sme way as my t6 but just asking for better options

the pillar button needs pressing every time you get out! no good for me! the 6.1 has more electronic trickery that im hoping somebody knows more about and can tell me if its possible to turn off the sensors ? and if this will cause a problem to the sos system or if that can be turned off to

thanks

New 2021 T6.1s don't even have a button on the B pillar for the internal sensors... you need to go into the media system to disable it every time. Maybe someone knows how to crack the code and fix it permanently but why would you want that?

Sorry i should have mentioned DSG, i agree not to bad in a geared van. but i have the T6 DSG and the start stop is terrible, im sure it can be fixed the sme way as my t6 but just asking for better options

the pillar button needs pressing every time you get out! no good for me! the 6.1 has more electronic trickery that im hoping somebody knows more about and can tell me if its possible to turn off the sensors ? and if this will cause a problem to the sos system or if that can be turned off to

thanks
You can disable the internal sensor by pressing the lock button on the key a second time after locking the van on a T6. Not sure if the 6.1 does this but worth asking the dealer. I too have a dog ;)

I thought pressing the button again was to do with deadlock, not internal sensor. With the B pillar switch for the internal sensors

I thought pressing the button again was to do with deadlock, not internal sensor. With the B pillar switch for the internal sensors
Double press on the key fob turns Safelock off so yes it also turns off deadlocks but also disables internal sensor. Button on B pillar turns off internal sensor and anti-tow alarm only. I never leave my dog in the van for more than a few mins so not having deadlocks activated isn’t a worry for me ......famous last words...

Hi, I’ve had my new t30 for a few weeks now. Last night I took a trip to the kebab shop (classy I know) and had the dog in her cage in the back. I was just about to lock up and remembered I needed to turn the alarm off. Alas no button anywhere to be seen. On further inspection I can’t see any evidence that she has an alarm installed, I thought this was a standard option on the 2020 my highline. Any one else confirm? The brochure says I’m right.

1st time away in my California Coast T6.1 this weekend but the alarm was a nightmare kept going off. No great in a camp site full of Triathletes.
No button on the B column
Then I read to press the lock button on the driver door but be careful you unlock if you depart for nighttime bathroom visit as it can relock and with your keys inside. So SOS what is the best steps to take to get a night's sleep.

1st time away in my California Coast T6.1 this weekend but the alarm was a nightmare kept going off. No great in a camp site full of Triathletes.
Then I read to press the lock button on the driver door but be careful you unlock if you depart for nighttime bathroom visit as it can relock and with your keys inside. So SOS what is the best steps to take to get a night's sleep.
No liquids after 9pm?

:fast rofl:

Seriously though, didn't realise they could relock.

Maybe a surf key attached to sleeping attire?

Hey CAB
re no Liquid
I'm such a newbie what is a surf key?
Plain, non remote key, I think (no clue to be honest, just read about them on the forum!)

No idea on the cost, might be overkill for your end use.

Just remember the keys!

Hi All

On my T6, I just use the rocker switch on the driver’s door. It locks the doors without the deadlock or alarm.

The doors can be opened by two pulls on the inside handles.

Thank you
Is there any issue with the side door closing are relocking and potentially locking with the keys inside. I've read that in a previous thread

Thank you
Is there any issue with the side door closing are relocking and potentially locking with the keys inside. I've read that in a previous thread
Only if you use the fob*, so only use the button on the door to lock when you are inside.
just make use that when you open the sliding door that you don’t accidentally press the lock button below the handle.

*When using the fob, it locks and alarms after all doors have been closed, so it’s possible to press the fob in your pocket whilst the side door is open, then later if you step out and close the door(with the key inside), it will “complete “ the process and hey presto you are locked out.(in your underpants!)

Surf key is a plain key, no remote etc. I use mine when out on my Kayak as the keys can get wet. 1 thing to note, If you open a locked van with a surf key, the alarm will go off so keep the main keys somewhere handy.

Back