T6.1 Alarm Sensor disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Thank you
Is there any issue with the side door closing are relocking and potentially locking with the keys inside. I've read that in a previous thread
Not on mine. It just locks the doors and doesn’t activate the security systems. When I open the door from the inside, it doesn’t relock.

if you’re worried about it, try it, but just keep your key in your pocket when you do it! That way you’ll know.

Following on from this. Has anyone figured out how to install a 'Lock' (and 'Unlock) button in the rear of the T6.1?

There's a thread about doing this on the T6;

But I guess the T6.1 is different, anyone know?

Following on from this. Has anyone figured out how to install a 'Lock' (and 'Unlock) button in the rear of the T6.1?

There's a thread about doing this on the T6;

But I guess the T6.1 is different, anyone know?
T6.1 doesn't seem to use resistors like T6 so you should be able to wire in a secondary lock/unlock SPDT momentary rocker switch (or 2x mom buttons) off the connector for the drivers door lock switch.

I tested this by bridging the connector manually with a staple.

Lock:

20210802_151212.jpg

Unlock:
20210802_151236.jpg

Hi All
1st time away in my California Coast T6.1 this weekend but the alarm was a nightmare kept going off. No great in a camp site full of Triathletes.
No button on the B column
Then I read to press the lock button on the driver door but be careful you unlock if you depart for nighttime bathroom visit as it can relock and with your keys inside. So SOS what is the best steps to take to get a night's sleep.
As above use the driver door switch to lock without activating the alarm or deadlocks. You can also temporarily disable the interior monitoring in the vehicle settings on the nav screen or add a favorite button on the home screen for more convenience (no pillar button like T6).

Last edited:
T6.1 doesn't seem to use resistors like T6 so you should be able to wire in a secondary lock/unlock SPDT momentary rocker switch (or 2x mom buttons) off the connector for the drivers door lock switch.

I tested this by bridging the connector manually with a staple.

Lock:

View attachment 126008

Unlock:
View attachment 126009
Interesting, thanks for that, it raises the following questions;

Is the common pin 0V, 12V or something else?
Can the lock/unlock wires be accessed under the dash for connecting a second set of buttons?
What are the wire colours/stripes ? (looks like 3 whites and a brown here)?

Interesting, thanks for that, it raises the following questions;

Is the common pin 0V, 12V or something else?
Can the lock/unlock wires be accessed under the dash for connecting a second set of buttons?
What are the wire colours/stripes ? (looks like 3 whites and a brown here)?
Page 4: https://www.t6forum.com/downloads/convenience-systems-wiring-diagram.145/download

Ordering below doesn't correspond with connector pin ordering (shown as /n):

+12V, GND, LED Signal, Lock/Unlock Signal
1627979453456.png

Yes the signal wires can also be accessed on the 73-pin connector for the BCM (J519).

Last edited:
This shows only one button, and two lights, I thought your staple simulated two buttons?
Yeah it's a bit weird how they drew the diagram as it should be a rocker.

I think it's because PIN4 / SIG is either grounded for lock or +12V for unlock.

Yeah it's a bit weird how they drew the diagram as it should be a rocker.

I think it's because PIN4 / SIG is either grounded for lock or +12V for unlock.
What I've found today is;

SIG to 0V - Unlock
SIG to 0V via 180ohm resistor - Lock

SIG to 12V did nothing in my van, so I'm not sure why this worked for you?

The inside of the switch looks like this;

2021-08-21 15.19.37.jpg

As above use the driver door switch to lock without activating the alarm or deadlocks. You can also temporarily disable the interior monitoring in the vehicle settings on the nav screen or add a favorite button on the home screen for more convenience (no pillar button like T6).
I know it's a silly question, but specifically how do you add a button to disable the interior monitoring to the Nav Screen?

I know it's a silly question, but specifically how do you add a button to disable the interior monitoring to the Nav Screen?
If you are leaving the van simply press the fob twice when you lock it.
if you are not leaving the van use the lock buttons by the mirror switch.
simples!

If you are leaving the van simply press the fob twice when you lock it.
if you are not leaving the van use the lock buttons by the mirror switch.
simples!
OK, thanks. But anything this simple is bound not to be... :think smile bounce::mexican wave:

Back