Locking doors and switching alarm sensors off

jemmadanielle

Hey all,
Have a caravelle and struggling with the internal alarm sensors when we sleep in it.
If I’m inside and lock the van using the key, the alarm goes off when I move. I can lock all the doors separately which doesn’t enable the alarm but then the tailgate is unlocked which I don’t want.
I have the button to disable the alarm sensors on the pillar next to the drivers door but it doesn’t do anything. It’s always lit up, it’s never obviously off or on and however many times I press it the alarm goes off.
Help! I hate sleeping with the tailgate unlocked!
Thanks!

On my T6 I open the drivers door, press the button on the pillar and it turns yellow, get in, shut the doors and press the fob once to lock it without the motion detector set.

On my T6 I open the drivers door, press the button on the pillar and it turns yellow, get in, shut the doors and press the fob once to lock it without the motion detector set.
Thanks - mine doesn’t turn yellow I think it must have a fault as it just won’t switch off! Thanks

Yeah the lock on the drivers door only locks the drivers door which I’ve always thought is unusual! I’m wondering if there’s a fault in the locking/ alarms. Thanks
The lock rocker switch on the driver’s door should lock all doors, with no deadlocking or alarm. Perfect for sleeping.

Sounds like a fault to me.

That’s a good point, it didn’t occur to me that they could be thinking of the lock ‘pin’ rather that the rocker switch.
That’s me still thinking like a newbie!

Works on most cars, or at least the ones I've had, so not at all obvious unless you read the manual thoroughly, and even then the language is difficult to interpret into plain English.

That button shouldn’t set your alarm - it should just lock the doors when pressed.

Can you confirm you’re stopping, turning the engine off, and once you’re sorted with opening and closing doors, just pressing that lock button to remain inside the vehicle securely? IE: you’re not pressing the lock button on the keyfob too?

Newbie question.

Can you lock up the van when you're all settled down for a nights kip?
Maybe a daft question but I assume you have to disable the alarm to prevent false ones going off whilst you're inside.

Have you you a button to turn off the internal monitoring?

Gosh, VW have made some drastic cost cutting on the .1. Def a sign of their future plans n direction with Ford!

hi new to this got s t6.1 sleeping in it tonight locked doors but step light still on am i doing someting wrong will go off if i use fob but thats not right to do that sets alarm me thinks
thanks
pete

Back