T32 and Minimum Wheel Size

bartontrev

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help. I have a 2017 T6 DSG 110kw LWB

I’m running 19” wheels currently and it had Devonport 17” on originally.

I’ve seen some 16” wheels and winter tyres on eBay.

I’ve read somewhere that the minimum wheel size on some T6s are 17” because of calliper sizes.

How will I know if 16” will fit?

Thanks

Forgot to mention, the reason I need them is that I’m going to Germany/Austria for Christmas and winter tyres are a legal requirement so trying to do it in the most efficient way possible.

Can you post a picture of the calliper. Someone here will then be able to tell you what size it is.

Pete

No idea what is available in your 19" wheel size and loading but the best option is to fit All Season tyres and run them all year. You need to make sure they have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall to comply with German/Austrian requirements.
Thats what we are doing and it works well on my T32 LWB 4M. But we do live in the Highlands so maybe we get more use than you would. No complaints in the summer on All Seasons.
You will also want chains or snow socks, we have used snow socks as they are much lighter to carry and easier to fit.

Yeah, thought about that but my tyres are quite new and I struggled getting 19” tyres with the right load rating.

So I think wheels/tyres is the best route

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help. I have a 2017 T6 DSG 110kw LWB

I’m running 19” wheels currently and it had Devonport 17” on originally.

I’ve seen some 16” wheels and winter tyres on eBay.

I’ve read somewhere that the minimum wheel size on some T6s are 17” because of calliper sizes.

How will I know if 16” will fit?

Thanks
Maybe the best way to know for sure is to check the size of your current spare wheel/tyre?

only T32 have bigger callipers. Unless you have upgraded callipers you can fit 16” no problem.

Forgot to mention, the reason I need them is that I’m going to Germany/Austria for Christmas and winter tyres are a legal requirement so trying to do it in the most efficient way possible.
I didn't have them when I went last winter including Austrian ski resort albeit not high up. No issues albeit appreciate I was officially illegal as it applies to visitors et.

I didn't intentionally choose to not have them I just forgot about it as the 6.1 was new to me and my old 5.1 usually had M&S on it all year round.

I got a set of Devonports with winter tyres for a great price for this year that will be going on soon.

Thanks for info all. I have a t32 and I check my spare that is 17” so I need to go 17”

Will probably look for some steels and M&S tyres.

Thanks again.
If you use Facebook keep searching for Devonports you’ll be surprised how cheap some can be and the odd set of winter or m&s turn up.

I’ve now got 12 rims as needed new tyres and was cheaper to buy another set of rims with dleivery miles than it was to buy tyres

Back