T32 20" Tyres - What Do You Use?

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Fitted my T32 with Yokohama Advan Sport tyres last year and they've lasted the princely total of 8000 miles! Admittedly since dropping onto B14's I've been driving it like a (stolen) car, so can't complain, but I'm wondering if there's a slightly better tyre out there that people are using?

I'm running 265/40 R20 104Y XL

Any suggestions greatly received...…cheers

Yep... slow down!!. :whistle:

Fitted my T32 with Yokohama Advan Sport tyres last year and they've lasted the princely total of 8000 miles! Admittedly since dropping onto B14's I've been driving it like a (stolen) car, so can't complain, but I'm wondering if there's a slightly better tyre out there that people are using?

Oh no I've got those tyres and on 20" also ! Hope they last longer than yours did!

I too have a T32 running on 20's. I went for Goodyear Eagle F1's, I drive like an old lady and got about the same mileage as you mate, so must be down to the weight of the van and not driving style I guess??

I too have a T32 running on 20's. I went for Goodyear Eagle F1's, I drive like an old lady and got about the same mileage as you mate, so must be down to the weight of the van and not driving style I guess??

Well that answered my next question.....anyone used Goodyear Eagle F1's!!? You're probably right about the weight of the van. Weirdly we've had XC90's ion the past and they ate tyres too, but the X5 we've got now does 40K on Conti All-Season tyres!

Goodyear Eagle Sport All Weather here, done about 3000 miles and all 4 tyres are on 8.5mm. (T32 LWB 4-Motion)

i now have some Amarok 19” wheels but tyres seem to be elusive in load rating for t32
Think I need 245/45/19 103 or 104 but can’t see them listed ? Any ideas fellers

You may have to go to 255/45/19 to get 104 load rating. Loads available. :thumbsup: plenty of prices from expensive to budget. I believe 245/45/19 will only go to 102.

Screenshot_20190813-191852.jpg

But will they be to fat over the rim ? Chris
No way, 255 is a minimum section width imo, particularly for that rim, as its spokes are proud at the point where they meet the rim.
The rolling radius is about 3.5% larger than VW t6 stock size, but imo that is perfect.
It's the perfect size, if you aren't completely slammed. How low are you?

No way, 255 is a minimum section width imo, particularly for that rim, as its spokes are proud at the point where they meet the rim.
The rolling radius is about 3.5% larger than VW t6 stock size, but imo that is perfect.
I’m not yet:) as the t6 money pit keeps taking from me but future was think 30-40

Do the tyres have to be inside the wheel arch for the mot ?

I’m not yet:) as the t6 money pit keeps taking from me but future was think 30-40
Those tyres will be fine at 30mm/40mm drop imo. So long as you aren't too heavily loaded.
The benefit of slightly oversized tyres, is that they fill the arches, without going too low; and maintaining reasonable ground clearance.
I'm at 20mm drop; and that works for me, but we do go off road, parking in often muddy wet grass fields most weekends to compete with our border collies at dog agility.

Back